Chapter One

A young girl with white silky hair and icy blue eyes was walking along a snowy path. She was wearing a blue scarf and teal goggles. Her hair was flowing in the wind behind her during a cold, winter day. Her name was Winter. She lived in a small house with her three younger siblings and her ill grandfather, who was Ice Age. She always played with her siblings and her grandfather told them funny and interesting stories if he was awake.

She smiled at those memories. 'I hope that fun lasts forever...' she thought. 

While she was walking, her eyes caught a young boy crying under a tree. He had soft blonde hair and amber eyes. She approached the boy and tapped him on the shoulder. The boy flinched and looked up at her with tears in his eyes.

"Hey, what's wrong?" she asked. Instead of the boy answering her, he continued crying.

"Umm...where's your family?" Winter asked again.

The boy sniffed. "I don't have a family...." he replied.

"Well, what's your name?"

"Summer." 

"Summer, huh?" Winter said and smiled. "Nice to meet you, I'm Winter!"

Summer just nodded. Then, Winter thought of something.

"Say, wanna come with me to my house?" she asked. "I mean, you can't just stay here, you'll freeze to death!"

"Sure, I guess..." Summer replied. Winter smiled and led him to her home.

~

Summer was hugging Winter's arm pretty tightly. But she didn't really mind that. She felt slightly warmer - her left arm, that is. She opened the door and was met with  a boy with messy white hair and the same icy blue eyes. He was wearing an indigo sweatshirt and a scarf that was the same color as Winter's.

"Hey, sis?" he asked.

"Hey, Snowstorm!" Winter greeted.

"Gramps is calling for y--" Snowstorm glanced at Summer. "Who is that?!"

Summer hugged Winter tighter and whimpered. She looked at Summer then back to Snowstorm.

"Well..." Winter said. "I found this boy crying under a tree and.....uhh....I took him here since I can't just leave him like that because he might freeze to death."

"Okay...? Well, Gramps needs 'ya." Snowstorm said.

"Oh umm... can you take care of Summer for a while?" Winter asked. "Please?"

"Okay, but..." Snowstorm replied. "Is he okay with that?"

Summer looked at Winter with a scared look on his face. Winter patted his shoulder.

"Don't worry, Summer," she tried to reassure him. "He's a nice person."

Even after what Winter said, he was still scared. Winter looked at Snowstorm.

"Oho! 'Ya wanna play or somethi--"

"No."

Winter sighed. Summer wasn't really comfortable with Snowstorm, but she really needed to go to their grandfather's room.

"Anyway, I'll go now." she said and went to their grandfather's room.

~With Snowstorm and Summer~

Summer just sat on the couch. He really didn't want to be with Snowstorm right now. He prayed for Winter to come back soon.

"Hey, hey, hey, we're gonna have some fun, right?" Snowstorm asked. "What'cha wanna do?" 

Summer didn't reply, at all.

"Kid, please stop killing me with your attitude..." Snowstorm said and made a dying pose.

 "I-I'm sorry..." he mumbled while looking down.

'Is Winter sure that kid's a guy...?" Snowstorm thought.

"Hey, kid!" he exclaimed.

"What...?" Summer asked.

"Take off your clothes!"

"What? Why?"

"I need to find out what your gender is!"

"Wh-Why would you want to take off my clothes for that, you pervert?!" Summer asked, blushing furiously.

"Come on," Snowstorm said. "We're both men, it wouldn't hurt that much for me to see you naked, unless...."

"Wait, are you saying you're actually a lady?" Summer asked.

"Who you callin' lady, huh?!" Snowstorm asked furiously. "You're the one who's been acting like a lady here!"

Summer started crying. "You're so meaaan..." he said. "I'm not a woman...!"

"Ahh...sorry, kid." Snowstorm apologized. "I got carried away there."

Summer whimpered. And that was how he got the fear of Snowstorm.

"Uhh...Snowstorm?" a boy who looked identical to Snowstorm asked. He had similar features with Snowstorm, the only thing different was that his scarf was white with blue stripes and his sweatshirt was white.

"Oh, Hail!" Snowstorm exclaimed!

Summer stared in horror, realizing there was another one of them.

"Why would you want to do that to the poor kid, you idiot?" Hail asked, smacking his head.

"Oww!" Snowstorm rubbed his head. "Well...he was acting feminine!

The two started arguing and Summer sneaked away from them to find where Winter was.

~With Winter~

"So, grandpa," Winter said. "What did you want to talk about?"

"Come here, my child." Ice Age said.

Winter sat down on the edge of the bed. "Grandpa, you know you shouldn't be drinking, right?"

"You can't tell me what to do!" Ice Age exclaimed. "This may or may not be the last year I'll be alive and I want to spend my time drinking liquor while you kids aren't here by my side when you should!"

"Grandpa, you're drunk," Winter said. "What did you call me here for?"

"Ah, it's about the new season," he replied. "You see, this new season is weak and frail at the moment, but soon he or she will gain power and strength and..."

"And?" Winter asked.

"Once that season is strong enough, there will be a high chance that," he said with a sigh. "I might die."