Chapter 15!

As we are walking along the rocks I take a glance or to sea to see if there are any boats around but my thoughts are interupted by a small yelp from Kim and when I turn around she's sitting on the rocks.

"Kim are you alright?" I ask as I bend down to help her up.

"Yeah I just hurt my ankle" I look down at it and pretend I'm some sort of Doctor and know what I'm looking for, but when I go to say my diagnosis I come up blank.

"Take off your shoe and go up on my back" I tell her as I turn around so she can grab my shoulders.

"Are you sure? I can probably walk on it "

"Nope none of that I will not have you getting more hurt because you have to walk on it so hop on up"

Once I feel that she's up securily I start walking again keeping an eye on my footing to make sure I don't fall too.

The walk back was longer than usual as I was a bit slower than normal being careful not to hurt Kim in any way.

When we got back to the house I brought Kim into her room. I went out to the kitchen and got her some painkillers for her ankle.

• • •

Kim

After Conor came in and gave me some pain killers, I decided I wanted to rest so he left me alone and said to call him if I needed anything.

Laying on my bed, I was examining my ankle when I started to really think about last night. About the party, about how drunk I got and about the kiss.

What was I thinking, what on earth possessed me to do something like that.

I have to live with him and his family for the summer and we are only a part of the way through it.

All these thoughts were swarming my brain and I started to get homesick very fast.

I wanted my mum, and my sister and Lana and the comfort of my own home with my own room and my own norms.

I got pulled out of my thoughts as my phone started ringing.

"Hello" I answer without checking the caller ID.

"Hey Kimmy, how're you getting on?" My dads voice echoed down the line.

This is what I need right now I thought to myself, a catch up with my family.

"Hey dad, I'm as good as can be really" I lied through my teeth. There was no point telling him the truth when they are halfway across the world and can do nothing about it.

"How's life treating you guys in Australia?" I ask back as chirpily as I can.

He told me all about Australia, about the house, the weather, the beaches and scenery, the people before Mum grabs the phone off him insisting to talk to me.

"Hey Mum"

"Hey sweetie, how are you? Helen told me you guys went to a party last night? Was it fun?"

Of course.

Typical.

Of course she knows about the party.

Here comes more lying so...

"Yeah it was great, Conor's friends are really nice and the crowd there was nice to. It was good to get to know people"

"So any news from the Wild West of Ireland?"

"No not much really, we were to the beach today for a run but I fell on my ankle so I'm just resting it up in bed"

"Oh god Kim, are you alright?" Mum asked with concern laced in her voice.

"Yeah I will be fine, I'd say it's just a sprain or some bruising but I'll get Leo to have a look at it when he gets a chance"

"Yes do and tell them any costs of anything we will put the money in your account and you can pay for it! Tell them not to worry about the money side at all!"

"Alright Mum, thanks! Isn't it like the middle of the night there for you guys though?"

"Oh yes, we were invited to a dinner party by a business associate so we are only home, that's why Soph and Will aren't up"

"Ah ok that makes sense, anyway I'll leave ye go to bed because I'm tired from the painkillers so I'm going to dose off for a bit I think"

"Ok Lana, rest that foot up and keep us updated about it"

"Ok Mum, will do, talk to you soon"

"We love you Kimmy,"

"Love you too Mum" and with that I hung up, put my phone down and conked out asleep.