Awakening

"What's that strange....buzzing sound almost like a bee but...more.....mechanical what could it be and why's my bed so hard?" These thoughts went through my mind as I slowly picked myself up off the ground. " Where am I what is this place." I looked around to find I was in an empty room with only one door wide open just hanging by a few rusty hinges. "How did I get here wasn't I just in my apartment?" Suddenly a loud metallic clang sounded down the hall causing me to jerk towards the corner. As I stammered back I felt something brush against my hand" what's this?" I picked up a small piece of paper that lauded on the floor beside me. " Thank you for volunteering in this test we know you're probably confused but the main thing to remember is that this will help with the greater good of man kind." " This note is useless." I thought " I don't remember volunteering for anything like this I've never volunteered for in my life." The sound in the distance seemed to grow closer by the second, I decided it would be best to leave before whoever it was got any closer. " I'm not going to be part of their experiments and why would they do it here? Forget it I'm just going to leave and forget this ever happened." I started down the hall taking turn after turn but whenever I would find a door it was locked or bolted shut. " How the hell do I get out of here!" I yelled "what is this place and where are the people doing the testing I haven't seen anyone since I got here." I began to second guess my decision to leave and made my way back to the room I first woke up in. " That guy I heard before had better still be there or else I'm going to be pissed." As I approached the room I noticed something different about it, a foul smell but it was almost as if the smell was familiar but I'm not sure how. " What the hell is that awful stench?" I walked around around the corner and seen a trail of what looked like strips of old meat leading both in and out of the room. " What is this and why is it here now?" I noticed next to the trail was a line that seems to have been made by something metal dragged along the floor. " Who did this and where are they now?"