A Message

" Wh.....where could it be...I was sure it would be here." A sudden feeling of depression and hopelessness came over my entire body at the realization that my one chance at salvation wasn't even here. I feared that I may never be able to escape the hellish surroundings I have been put into. I started to think " maybe the key is under him or it fell out of his pocket somewhere." Then it hit me the trail maybe the card fell out as he was being dragged here. It could be somewhere down the path of flesh left by the corpse. I debated it over and over in my head " Will he find me? Will I be killed? But I knew I needed to get out of here or else Im going to die anyways." So I began down the hall. As I made my way down the trail the stench of the coagulated blood on the ground began to pierce my nose. The smell was like a thousand needles piercing into my nasal cavity and it only seemed to grow as I walked toward what could be my inevitable death. Slowly twisting through the labyrinth of pipes and locked doors I make my way down the trail. Nearing the end it turned into one long dark hallway with a single room at the end. The room was dark with a single flickering light resonating from one of the far off corners. The stench of decaying flesh was almost overpowering at this point. As I walked I began to realized the banging I heard before came from the pipes as steam and other substances passed through them. This brought some comfort but also unnerved me. The one thing I thought would help me know where the unknown assailant was prove to be nothing of use. However, this sound grew louder as I approached the room perhaps a pipe had broken or something was blocking it. I peered around the corner and what I saw almost sent me into sheer madness. The floors the walls every inch of the room was painted in blood. The floor was littered with bodies ( few of which where still intact ) distorted into some kind of artistic display. The seemed to be ordered from gruesome to purely unnerving in every way. As my eyes slowly absorbed the display before me I seen it, what I had been looking for, the key card in the center almost as if posed. I ran over to grab it and quickly turned to leave and that's when I seen it. Over the door written in blood the words " I WILL ESCAPE."