chapter 3

Casey and I walked to my car, and I helped her get buckled up in the back seat. We started heading home when my phone started buzzing. It was my mom. "Casey can u answer that?" I asked, "and put it on speaker." She did what I said and I started talking to my mother who was obviously drunk.

"Hey, brat. I'm going to the casino so don't do anything stupid while I'm out." She slurred. "Okay, is someone giving you a ride?" I asked. "Marcy is picking me up. Gotta go, bye!" She said hanging up the phone. "Well I guess its just you and me tonight, Chicky." I said pulling out of the parking lot. "Yay!" Casey exclaimed. I laughed a little and continued driving.

When we finally got home, Casey ran to her room to set her bag down and play. I went into the kitchen to figure out what I should make for dinner, when I got another call from an unknown caller. I answered cautiously.

"Hello?" I asked. "Hey, are you doing anything tonight?" a familiar voice asked. "Um who is this?" I asked again. The voice replied by saying
"Oh sorry, this is Calum."
"Oh hey! I don't think I'm doing anything tonight."
"Sweet, you should come and hang with me and the boys."
"I totally want to but I will need someone to watch Casey."

At that moment Casey ran out of her room and asked me if she could go over to her friend Maddie's house to sleep over. "Never mind. Text me your address and I'll be there soon." I said to Calum. "Okay sounds good, see ya." "Bye." And I hung up the phone.

"Okay go pack your stuff." I said to Casey and she ran off. This should be fun.