Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Percy woke up to the blinding sun, the fact that his mom and step-dad just died weighed down on his shoulders. After all, they were two of the few mortals that knew about him being a demigod. They were his parents.

The fact that he had been adopted, by his mother's friends made him realize, that now he desperately needed to keep his secret. Who knows what they would do, they might label him a freak and kick him out. He did not want to be homeless.

Hearing a knock on his room door, he opened it to find Danny standing in front of the door. The feeling of death still emitted from the young teen, but not wanting to make a scene, he casually stood in the doorway.

"Um, you have to go to school with Jazz and me, and um, breakfast is ready. Just beware, it might be um... alive." Danny said, clearly uneasy.

"I'll be down in a few minutes." Percy replied kindly.

Danny just nodded, and went downstairs.

Percy put on a simple orange t-shirt, and jeans. (This is not a CHB t-shirt, so don't worry.)

Danny's POV-

He knew something was off. As soon as he met Percy, he sensed something off about him. He seemed to radiate the ocean, and Danny felt awkward around him.

Why do you think he was acting uneasy around him?

Anyways, he just sat at the table. His parents made a food alive... again.

Percy walked down the stairs, greeted by a growling waffle. Jazz walked over to him and whispered something in his ear, probably warning him about their ghost hunting problem.

Anyways, the Fentons pulled out a new invention.

"This one will surely work! It won't track humans anymore, so we don't have to worry about that anymore" Mr.Fenton said to no one in particular.

Percy's POV-

Percy noticed how Danny visibly tensed when his parents turned it on, but ignored it, thinking it had tracked I'm or something to permanently make him worry about the device. And that theory, in his eyes, was proved right.

The parents turned the gadget on, and a voice was heard.

"Ghost straight ahead." The device said.

The parents followed the devices orders, and ended up cornering Danny

"The ghost is right in front of you, if you do not see the ghost, you are dumb." The device said, irritated.

Realizing it was just Danny, with a frown, Jack threw it away, since he thought it was broken again.

"Hey, why don't we work on a new one." Maddie said, trying to make her husband feel better.

"Will there be fudge?" He asked, earning a nod from Maddie. He than ran to the ghost lab, yelling something about fudge.

Percy was confused. Is this what they are always like? He thought.

Almost as if she had read his mind, Jazz said, "Sorry Percy, happens everyday." She added.

"If only they knew." Jazz mumbled, barely audible. Percy still heard it, and with a confused expression, he decided to IM Annabeth later. She could probably visit, maybe figure this out. But until then, he had to go to school.

Finishing off his cereal, Percy ran out the door, greeted with the harsh morning sun. Little did he know, Danny was already heading to school, flying above the city, making sure no ghosts were in sight