A Sudden Proposal Part 2 (CH2.5)

The next morning . . .

I woke up by the sound of the doorbell ringing so loudly. I was forced to get up to open the door. I was expecting that the person who is in my door is Will but it wasn't him. I opened the door and was surprised. Alfred Lieben, my childhood friend and my bestfriend, came to visit me. " Goodmorning Angel" he smiled at me. " Goodmorning to you too Al" I said. He came in to my room and carry up Hachi into his arms.

He looked around, " How was it to live here Angel " he asked me. I closed the door, " It's quite so empty but still it's serve my taste " I replied. Alfred put down Hachi and sit down on the sofa. I offer some iced tea to him and sit beside him. We stared up the wall, the ray of light reflecting, and the sweet aroma. It's been like old days when I was young with my parents. We always go to the mall and have ice cream after we shop. But as the fire started, everything I have has been taken away from me. My home, my memories and even my parents. It's quite hard for me to forget those things.

Suddenly tears fell off my eyes. I immediately wipe it but it still continue to fall down. Alfred wipe those tears with his handkerchief and embraced me. " Don't worry Angel. I'm here with you " He comforted by saying those words. I remember the words that Will say to me the first time we met. He has been kind to me not knowing of my horrible past but to lift me up from my feet and start a new life.

Alfred let me go and stood up. He kneeled down, the same position when Will propose to me. He bring out a ring and said, " I know this is a bit shocking but I want you to know that I have this kind of feelings for you since we met."

" So. . . um . . . Angel, would you marry me " He bring out the ring and put it to my hands. I was shocked and couldn't decide. I have a bond with Will and then Alfred propose to me the day after Will propose to me.

Suddenly the door opened and Prince Wilfred came in to my room without my permission. I immediately stood up and approached him. " What are you doing here Will ?" I asked him. He looked at me with a worried face. " I just thought that something bad had happen to you " he said. Suddenly Alfred interrupted, " Who is that guy Angel ?" he glared at Will. I don't know how would I explain all of this to Al when Will wrapped his right arm around my waist. " She is my girlfriend, do you have complain, good sir " He meant at Alfred who was witholding his frustration. Alfred sighed and make through the door. " Sorry that I disturbed your honeymoon " he said. Will glared at him angrily. " Angel, I'm gonna take my leave " I break free of Will's embrace and immediately grabbed Al's hand. " Wait a minute Al " Al spun around and looked at me. I give him back the ring and apologized but he smiled at me and give the ring back to me. " Keep it when you needed it " he said. I immediately embraced him and said, " I'm gonna miss you, old friend."

Then he left and I went back to my room. Will gave me a glare and asked who is that guy. I explained everything that the guy is Alfred my childhood friend. The one who gave me this apartment and take care of me when my parents have died. He understand everything and suddenly carry me up. " Let's go to your room, my princess " he said and carry me up to my room. It's quite a busy day but still Will make it up for me. He made this day as to make the world smile. He is very kind in his irritating kind of way.