Part Five

The morning after.

     “Good morning baby!” William smiled and kissed me in the cheek.

     “Morning!” I managed to say.

     “So I told James that we were seeing each other and he told me to stop, I think it might be a good idea cause you’re a lot younger than me.” He looked like he regretted telling me this.

     “William?” I asked in panic.

     “Yeah Bev?” He looked a little heart broken.

     “Is that what you want?” I asked.

     “I think so.” He seemed unsure.

     “Well I have to say I’m a little heart broken.” I was trying holding back any emotion but I was ready to cry. “Look, you got me to like you, you got with me and now you are saying that this is nothing?” I asked, but I was so mad and sad, I felt a little betrayed. Before I noticed I was crying I was up and getting dressed.

     “It’s not nothing, I don’t know, but I think James is right.” He got up.

     “Okay.” I knew I’d get over it, I just need some space.

From when Charles dumped me, breakups seemed to go faster and faster.

I walked out the door to find Derek looking at me with his head tilted.

     “Are you okay?” He asked.

     “I’ve been better, are you leaving soon?” I asked.

     “Whenever you’re ready.” I guess he knew I needed a ride home. My red puffy eyes might have given it away.

     “Now would be great!” I managed to smile.

I followed him up and out to his car. I got in and I knew I had to go somewhere else, I couldn’t go home.

     “Where are you going?” I asked him hoping for him to say his apartment.

     “Well I was thinking of going to my parents place, I have to grab a few things.” He said while driving twice the speed limit.

     “Could I tag along, I really don’t want to go home.” I knew he wouldn’t mind the company.

     “Sure, it don’t bother me.” He smiled. “Did you want to grab some clothes?” He asked.

This felt totally wrong, the whole chilling with William’s brother. But I knew I wasn’t going to do anything, I just wanted to crash at his place.

     “Yeah, that would be a good idea.” I smiled, we pulled into my drive-way, and no one was home thank god.

Derek followed me into the house and up to me old bedroom, I still had clothes in here but most of my things were at my apartment. I grabbed my duffle bag and headed out the door, I closed the door behind me and Derek was right there when I turned around. He was so close I could hear him breath, I felt his warm breath on my neck, I had shiver all over my body. When he kissed me, I had butterflies in my stomach. As much as I wanted him I knew this was wrong. Of course I pushed him away, which I regretted because it felt so right.

     “Derek, I–” He cut me off.

     “You know when you were in kindergarten I remember you coming to see me before I got off the bus and gave me a kiss on the cheek I knew you liked me.” He smiled.

     “You remember that?” I was so surprised.

     “Not important, do you still like me? Because every time I partied with you I felt like I was doing something right.” He smiled. “So what do you say we go to my parents, no one’s home and I’ll get my stuff and we’ll go to town and stay at my place?” He asked, I couldn’t say no.

     “Sounds good to me, let’s do it!” I answered with a little uncertainty; it was a hard thing to do.

We left the house and drove to his, which was like 3 blocks down, I’m not sure if you call it block when you’re in the middle of a forest. But when we got to his house I got out and went in with him, we walked to his bedroom.

     “You coming?” He asked, I was looking at the pictures they had hanging on the wall.

     “Yeah, I’m right behind you.” I smiled.

We were chatting it up while he was packing when we herd the door open and William yelled out for Derek.

     “Oh no! I have to hide.” I whispered.

     “Why?” He asked.

     “You’ll see, I’m going in the closet.” I ran in and shut the door.

     “Hey Derek! I really need to talk to you.” I heard William’s voice.

     “Yeah man?” I knew this was going to end badly, just the fact that he said I need to talk to you. Like I’m hiding in the closet.

     “Look I think we should sit, maybe on your bed?” He asked but more like insisted.

     “I think we can go in the kitchen, might be better.” I think Derek knew I shouldn’t be hearing this.

     “Bed is fine. Listen, about a month ago it was Bev’s birthday right? Remember when I told you I was going there because I was invited and I felt like I should go so I could meet some chicks… Well I thought I could go there and find out if Bev actually liked me.” I could see through the crack he was looking down to the ground. “I’m only telling you this because I talked to James but he sorta thought I was crazy and wrong. So that night we talked about everything, it was amazing. She got really drunk and told me that her life was tough, she never knew what to say or what to do, she was always happy to party with us, as in the older crowd. She likes me, like a lot. Honestly so do I, and well last night James told me to end it because I was wrong, that it doesn’t make sense and I believed it and broke it off this morning. What do you think I should do?” He asked.

     “William, it not up to me, you screwed it up man.” He said it like I was. “Did you guys do anything?” He asked.

     “Kissed, that’s it.” He seemed sad about it.

What? Oh my god… nothing happened? I can’t believe it.

     “Look I got to get changed; you want to give me some privacy? I’ll be out in a sec k?” He asked while escorting him out of the room.

William got out and Derek locked the door. Right at that moment I got out.

     “Are you crazy? Why didn’t you tell me that all this happened?” He looked pissed.

     “It’s not like anything happened.” I knew it was wrong.

     “How do you expect to get out of here?” He was so hot right now, I began a desire for him more than William. But Derek was always a one night stand type of guy, never a long term relationship.

     “Window, it our best bet.” I laughed to myself.

     “Why are you laughing?” He asked, while laughing as well.

     “I’m not sure, so I will be running out to the back of the garage and go to the woods I’ll hide there till you come by, don’t leave to quick because he might suspect something.” Why would he suspect something, I’m not quite sure but it made sense in my head.

     “Okay…” He smirked and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

Climbing out the window was like a flash of reality, both William and Derek like me. They’re brothers, why am I doing this? I followed the plan and sat there for five minutes tops.