Part Six

The ride to Derek’s apartment was filled with talking.

     “When you got out of your room what happened?” I asked innocently.

     “Well it’s a little tough to say but I told him that I have feelings for you.” He laughed nervously, I could tell. One thing about talking to people is that I’ve noticed that when people talk I know how they feel because I’ve been in that position.

     “What?” I yelled out, I totally regretted yelling! But I meant it.

And here came the moment of truth, I noticed my phone ringing, and I check to see who it is and I see the one name I was afraid to see, William.

     “Oh my god!! Derek could you stop the car I need to take this, I can’t ignore him.” I asked.

     “Who is it?” He asked, I think he was playing dumb.

     “It’s William.” I played along.

He stopped the car and I got out talking to him, I was leaning against the guard rails and I answered it.

     “Hello?” My voice cracked.

     “Where are you?” He asked all worried.

     “Does it matter?” I asked giving attitude.

     “Look I realised that James was totally wrong, I shouldn’t have listened to him. It’s just that I’m ten years older than you, it’s hard to swallow.” He seemed like he really meant it. “Could we talk over diner?” he asked.

     “No not today, or this week. You made me fall flat on my ass and now you’re trying to make it better, it won’t happen that fast.” I replied.

We said our goodbye’s and I got back into the car and the rest of the ride flew by.

     “Do you want to come to my place? So you don’t have to be alone.” He spoke like I was going to say yes. I do want to go there but it sounds like an invitation that I don’t want.

     “Does that mean watch movies and do nothing yes, if not then it’s a no.” I thought to myself I’m too heartbroken to do anything.

     “Sorry, how’s this: Want to come over and get wasted?” He asked with a smirk on his face.

     “Wow as stupid as that is I’ll go with yes.” I laughed at myself.

     “Here we are!” He said pulling the key out of the ignition.

     “Perfect!” I smiled.

     “Do you need a hand?” He smiled.

     “No I’m good.” I replied.

We got out of the parking lot and got to the elevator, he had a pretty nice location, so far so good. I was a little nervous, like he has no girlfriend so I figured his place would be a total disaster. But once I got in his apartment I was wrong!

     “Wow Derek, you got a really nice place!” I smiled.

     “Thanks, so I’ll go fix you up a drink, if you need to use anything, make yourself at home.” He spoke softly.

I walked over to the couch and called Elizabeth.

     “Hello?” Elizabeth spoke aloud.

     “Elizabeth, you know how everything was turning out great, well it fell like the twin towers.” I knew I over exaggerated a little but come on, would anyone expect this to happen?