Part Four

“Hello?” I answered the phone, I didn’t bother checking who was calling.

     “Hi! It’s James.”  James is my cousin. “So I’m coming home tonight and I was wondering if you wanted to come over, I have some friends coming over, having a little fire, if you’re free you’re more than welcome!” He seemed very enthusiastic.

     “Sure! I’d love to! What time about?” I thought that was a great idea.

     “I’m not sure, it’s up to you, maybe around six?” He asked.

     “I’ll be there! Can’t wait!” I wondered if William would be there, he was pretty close with James.

     “Take care!” He said.

     “Buh-bye!” I said.

Right away I texted William, I hadn’t talk to him since our lunch yesterday. The day went by pretty quick, William was picking me up and we were going to the party together. I was pretty pumped for tonight. Once William and I got to the party I met up with a lot of old friends. William and I didn’t stick together the whole time, if yes I would have been a little annoyed, we had been spending a lot of time together and I didn’t like it.

This party reminded me of one like nine years ago, we were at James’s house at first I uncovered some old little feelings for William, but I thought there’s no way he would hit on me and stuff. Once he did start to hit on me it was all turning around, I started backing off. I wasn’t ready to get into anything; I was way too drunk to think straight. The night was great though, we were by the fire and there was Chad, William and I. The last ones standing, we were all really drunk and William and Chad decided to go to this cabin down the road. You see drinking and driving was what we were doing, but you see could it be possible that we were doing it the right way? I mean yes it’s bad but at 3 in the morning driving 30 km/h in a 50 zone also in a back road where there’s only five houses. So as the boys were getting up to leave William asked me if I wanted to go, of course I said yes. Tell me what’s wrong with this picture, to me it would be the fact that a sixteen year old, two men the age of twenty-two and twenty-six going to a cabin in the middle of nowhere at night. But that didn’t stop me, I was pretty carless. Luckily nothing happened. But when we got back to the fire we all sat down.

     “Yeah, well I’m going to head out to bed, where you sleeping William?” Chad asked William.

     “Where ever she’s sleeping.” He said jokingly. At least I hoped.

     “Well I was thinking of sleeping in the barn.” I laughed for a joke.

Marc and his girlfriend Tia were already passed out in the barn on an air mattress. But little did I know William took me seriously.

     “We could go cuddle in there.” He spoke under his breath, but I still herd him.

At this point I started to sober up, I knew I was still drunk but it wasn’t affecting my train of thought.

     “You know, I was actually thinking of sleeping in the house.” I said worried.

     “Yeah we can!” He smiled.

Was he expecting something? I was only sixteen, like it’s pretty much illegal.

We walked to the house, and before we got in we had to be quiet cause a lot of people were sleeping, so we walked down to the basement and I wanted to go sleep in a bedroom, I knew James was in a bedroom with Kelsey but I wasn’t sure which room. So I took a wild guess and opened the door, it was Chad, passed out. Chad was really hot, I mean like I’ve known him for quite a while but it seems like I really noticed that night. But for a split second I thought about William, being right behind me. So I turned around and he was standing there.

     “So, is anyone in that bedroom?” He smiled.

     “Yeah, Chad is in there.” All I could think about is how the hell do I get out of this.

     “Well you can sleep on the couch with Derek?” He was a real gentleman though. Made me think of when we were all in the barn cause it was raining and I was sitting on the quad and he held his hand out like I was a princess, it made me smile.

     “No that’s alright you can sleep on the couch with your brother and I’ll take the floor, I mean I do have a sleeping bag.” I smiled.

     “Alright, well I have to piss. I’ll be back.” He walked over to the bathroom.

All I could think about was the night, how everything happened. How he had his hand on my ass. I was analyzing everything.

     “Bev! Want a drink?” Chad yelled out.

I got so caught up in my thoughts I totally forgot where I was.

     “Uh, no I’m good I’ll make one in a minute.” Every time I looked into the fire place I would think.

I got up to go make another drink and Kelsey came up to me.

     “Beverly! Why don’t you come get a hair elastic in my car?” She chuckled. The last time I needed an elastic and she had one in her car, I figured she was going to ask me what was going on.

     “Aright!” I stretched out the word confused.

We walked to the car and she turned around.

     “Did you carpool with William or did you birthday night turn into something?” She was serious.

     “How do you know about this?” I asked.

     “Well before you guys left William came and asked me if you liked him, and then he said you were super drunk and he was ‘taking you home’” She laughed.

     “Well we’ve been talking a lot, had a couple dates.” I smiled.

We talked for a good half hour. But the night was pretty fun, this time William and I slept in the bedroom together.