Chapter 3

~They say you die twice. Once, when your heart stops beating, and another time a bit later on, when someone says your name for the last time.

________________________________________

Three years ago

"Oh look! Here's Clarissa. Rumor's around that she is the new girlfriend of  Sebastian," a girl standing behind me spoke, probably to her companion, in a hushed tone.

"Yeah, I heard. Fred was boasting about how he saw Clarissa came out of Seb's car, all flushed and red, wiping her mouth and straightening her skirt. Lucky her," the girl's companion replied in an envious tone.

"Of course. She is the most popular and rich person here. Obviously she gets to be with him. I knew it all along," the girl said with longing in her voice.

"But she doesn't deserves Sebastian. He can get so much more. Why do all hot people have to choose such cliche popular girls as their girlfriends?" the girl's companion whined. The line moved forward and I took a step in front, the two girls also moving behind me.

"It's true. All hot guys have to choose all hot girls. What about people like us?" the girl wondered and I could hear her releasing a big sigh.

The line again moved forward and I quickly followed and took the food and walked out from there, not wanting to hear any more about this Sebastian person.

I located an empty table and hurried over there, before anyone could claim it. Just as I was about to sit on the chair, a girl appeared in front of me and said," Hey you! Get up from there. Aren't you aware that this is Clarissa's table? Are you new or what?" She crossed her arms and had an irritating look on her face. I glanced at her and noticed that she had wild pink hair strewn all around her face. She had on a tiny black skirt and gold shiny top. I controlled a grimace at her choice of clothes, reminding myself that I am no one to judge a person's fashion sense, or lack thereof.

"Uh, no. I just don' t eat in the cafeteria much," I spoke and struggled to hold my coffee and tray of food which was getting heavier by the second.

"Whatever. Get away from here. Clarissa is just arriving and believe me you don't want to get on her bad side," the girl warned me.

"No, but I am her-" I was cut off mid sentence as a group of girls arrived, laughing and giggling.

"What's going on over here?" a penetrating voice spoke from the group. I breathed out tiredly and turned around to face the group. I could identify this voice from miles afar.

"Hi," I spoke out in a small voice, looking up to see her expression.

"Claire, this girl came from nowhere and was going to sit here but I stopped her," the pink haired girl spoke, a smirk on her face.

"It's Clarissa to you, Emily," she spoke in an authoritative tone and the girl, Emily, nodded her head looking down.

Clarissa gazed at me strangely and then turned to all of her friends and spoke in a booming voice," Girls, this is June, my roommate and from now she's part of our group."