Chapter I - WORTHLESS

You were awoken by the sounds of slow footsteps, stomping on the ground.

You slowly opened up your eyes, and sat up straight. "H-Hello?! Anyone there?!?", you cried out. But nobody came. Except for one small creature, which was easy to tell that it was not human. "Howdy, buddy! I'm Flowey! Flowey the Flower! You're new to the underground, aren'tcha? Golly, someone is ought to teach you how things work around here! I guess lil' old me will have to do!" "Flowey, what are you doing?", a soft voice interrupted the flower's.

You saw a... goat?

"What a horrible creature, torturing such a poor, innocent youth. Do not fear, my child, I am Toriel, caretaker of the ruins. Come with me, I shall guide you trough the catacombs." You'd like to trust her, but deep inside of you was a voice that said you shouldn't. Why did everything have to go so fast? "What is your name, child?" "Y-Y/N..." "Come, small one..." You nodded slowly, ignoring the voice in your head saying not to.

Toriel guiding you trough the ruins and being so patient with you...
You are filled with
D E T E R M I N A T I O N

You could remember the day you fell as if it was yesterday. Even though it was ten years from now, you remembered every single detail. You lived happy with Toriel in her small, cozy house. You opened up your eyes and sat up straight.

You slowly walked over to the kitchen, noticing Toriel was not to be found.

"Mother? Where are you?" Conclusions struck to you as you heard voices nearing. Has a new human fallen down? The door opened, revealing Toriel and a small human child.

"Ah, hello sweetheart! This small human has fallen down, just like you a few years ago!"

You felt a shiver crawling on your back.

"Yeah..."

"Well, small one! Please go to your room, as Y/N and I have to talk." The small child nodded and ran off.

"Run, my child."

"W-What?! Why?!"

"Everything is dead Y/N. Save yourself before it gets to you." You couldn't help but sob as the tears that were created in the corners of your eyes made their way down your cheeks.

"Where do I have to go??"

"Go to the village called Snowdin, my child. Sans and Papyrus will help you further."

"M-Mom... I don't want you to get killed..." Toriel locked you in her arms, and stroked your back gently.

The way Toriel comforts you and gives up her life to save you... It fills you with D E T E R M I N A T I O N

"Go to the exit, fast, young one. It might wake up before you can escape." Another sob released your lips as you started running off. You didn't look back. You didn't want to feel more pain than you already were feeling. You ran faster and faster, with a few stumbles here and there, but nothing could hold you back. You ran outside of the giant doorway, ignoring Flowey, who was appearently waiting for... something. Running faster than you could, you knew you would eventually stumble and fall. And that was exactly what you did.

Feeling the cold snow freeze up your entire body... It drains your determination.

You sat up straight, and started sobbing and crying.

"Mom... Anyone but her... WHY HER?!?!" You hit the ground with your fists as your breath hitched.

"Human..." You glanced upwards, rewarded by a shadow of a small figure, but still taller than you.
"Are you feeling okay? Take my hand and stand up"

You slowly grabbed the figure's hand. The shadow faded, and revealed a small skeleton, chuckling.

"ah, the old whoopie cushion in hand joke. it never gets old. anyway, you okay? ya dont really seem like it"

"I-I... I-I'm fine..."

"alright then. im sans, sans the skeleton. im supposed to be on watch for humans right now, but uh ya kno... i dont really care about capturing anybody. but now my brother pa-"

"P-Papyrus, right?"

"uh, yeah, how do you know?"

"My mother told me about you two... Shortly before she..." Tears started escaping your E/C eyes again, as Sans....wrapped his arms around you in an attempt to stop you from crying.

"its okay Y/N, pap and i will take care of you." You didn't even bother to ask how he knows your name. He probably got it from Toriel.

A warm feeling dwelled up inside when Sans held you like that... You are filled with D E T E R M I N A T I O N.

"I-I'm so horrible..."

"what for, kiddo?"

"It's my fault... Everything is my fault... I'm worthless." Sans let go of you and sighed. He lifted up your chin and looked in your eyes. W-Was he gonna kiss you?

"hi worthless, im sans!"