Chapter VIII - Mid-Sprin' Snowdin

You started running. You ran trough the doorway, entering a long hallway, with a figure at the end. Had the human cornered you? Still afraid, you started walking slowly towards the figure. It turned around. Sans.

"S-Sans...?"

"y/n...?"

"W-What are you-"

"WHY AREN'T YOU WITH THE REST?!?", he yelled. You tried your hardest to calm the skeleton down.

"S-Sans, please calm down... I'm going to them... Alright...?" Sans nodded and hugged you.

"you feel so cold..."

"Most likely because I'm terrified..." He smiled softly and cupped your cheek.

"you'll be safe, dont worry y/---" He stopped. "run. run to alphys and everyone else"

"W-What...? Why?"

"please, just do so!" You nodded and ran off. At the end of the corridor, you took a quick glance backwards. The human was in front of Sans.

You left the hall, and fell on your knees. He was going to die. Sans was gonna die, and you couldn't do anything about it. You wiped away your tears and looked up, seeing... something in front of you. Your eyes widened, looking at the ghost of some sort. You inspected the sweater. The shorts. And eventually the boots. It was the exact same outfit as the human you saw in Snowdin Forest.

"H-Hello...?", you asked. The ghost sat down.

Are you scared?

The voice belonged to a child, that was easy to hear. You nodded.

This is my fault. I am the one who started this run. But please, don't think wrong of Chara...

"I-I won't... They are Toriel and Asgore's child, right...?"

Yes... Together with Asriel. Have you heard their story...?

"Sans told me, but you can tell me again if you want..."

Dunkle might have left out some details... In my previous run, I met Asriel, the son. He told me Chara didn't jump down for a happy reason, so they most likely wanted to commit suicide. They hated humanity, for reasons no one knows-

"They hated humanity because..." You sighed. "Chara was abused at home, and bullied at school. Sans told me they were able to stand up for themselves a little, but not enough..."

How did Sans know that...?

Your eyes widened. How did he know that? Did Chara trust him that much to tell him the reason they jumped down here? You stood up. You turned around, and walked back into the corridor. It was quiet. You looked to your right and saw Sans, but no human. He was dead.