Chapter VI - The Human

"Alright nerds, what's the plan?", Undyne asked as she leaned back in her chair.

"Here's what we're gonna do: Undyne is going to fight the 'human', as planned. The only difference is, Alphys and I will watch the fight. If anything happens to her, we will be forced to evacuate the entire of Hotlands. Mettaton will stay behind, fighting the human as soon as they reach the end. Everyone got that?", you explained.

"Yup."

"Y-Yeah... But w-where will be bring t-the inhabitants of H-Hotland?"

"I would say Asgore's castle. Sans will probably fight that punk in the judgement hall. It's where they die."

"O-Or Sans..." You felt a tear rolling down your cheek at the thought of the skeleton. You wiped it away.

"I have faith in him. He won't die.", you blankly said. Alphys smiled softly and hugged you. Undyne sighed and stood up.

"Well nerds, Imma go do my job and stop that punk."

"Good luck Undyne."

"G-Good luck..."

After Undyne left, Alphys couldn't help but worry. She was pacing the room, while you were setting up the monitor.

"Alphys, calm down. She'll be okay!"

"I-I hope so..."

'Humans' POV

I entered the place known as Waterfall. In other timelines, Sans would be here, asking me if I would like to come to Grillby's with him. But he wasn't there. Normal, since I killed Papyrus. I've been experimenting a lot with timelines. What would happen if I did this? If I did that? I've found out, if Papyrus dies, Sans won't appear until the judgement hall where he calls you a 'dirty brother killer'. If you kill mom, nobody will notice, except Sans. There has always been something odd with Sans. As if he knew about timelines...

I sighed as I made my way trough Waterfall, sometimes crossing Undyne. She was different than usual... more... vicious. It didn't take long until I reached the room where Temmie village is located. I entered the village to my own regret. Still annoying as ever. I walked out as soon as I entered, proceeding to the next room. I was nearly at the bridge, but before that, something caught my eye. The statue. I clutched the weapon I was holding and proceeded. I grabbed an umbrella and was about to continue, but something stopped me. I forced myself back into the room. I gave the statue the umbrella, and his theme started playing. I sighed as I sat down, laying my weapon next to me.

"Hey Asriel... It's been a while, hasn't it?", I asked, as if I would get a response. "Ha... I miss you, ya' know? I know I wasn't exactly the nicest, but still, somehow, you three were able to love me... Love... Haha... I'm only able to feel LOVE anymore... You must be disappointed in me, aren't you?" I sighed again as I stood up. I grabbed my weapon and proceeded to the bridge. Where I would 'save' Monster Kid. In any other run, of course. I don't know what would happen here. I haven't done Genocide yet. But it was soon I would find out...

Your POV

Alphys sobbed again as you tried to comfort her.

"Alphys, it's okay, Undyne is strong.", you said in a soft, reassuring voice.

"Y-You're right... I-I shouldn't worry t-that much..."

"Indeed"

"L-Let's watch the fight..."

Your phone rang. You told Alphys you needed a second, and left the room. You answered.