Chapter 6 - Rule #5: You Must Be Smart And Wise

Saxon's P.O.V.

PICTURE OF ADAM ON THE SIDE

     I walked around the forest with a smile on my face, enjoying the chirping birds, the sounds of a close-by river, grasshoppers hopping whenever my foot came to contact with the ground, crickets chirping, deers looking at me with a look before running away, overall, I was enjoying the nature that currently surrounded me. 

      That was until the whole forest wilted and became nothing but darkness and coldness. I looked around in wonder at how a live, green forest can turn into something so cold in just a matter of seconds. But I found my answer the moment I laid my eyes on her. 

     Memories from last night came rushing back to me. I cringed in response and stared at Jenny with nothing but pain.

     "Why, Jenny? Why would you betray us - me - like that?" I asked. Pain and guilt came over her once beautiful face as she looked at me.

     "I'm sorry," was all she said before I began to disappear and wake up.

     Someone was holding my hand. A very familiar touch.

     Slowly, my eyes cracked open and shut again immediately from the bright light that had practically blinded me. The headache was slowly forming in my head as I let out a groan. I opened my eyes once again and looked around before realizing that a hand was still holding mine. I looked down at the entwined fingers and noticed the very familiar slim fingers. I looked up to see whose hand it belong too and found Cassidy staring at me with glassy eyes. The other unoccupied hand was in a fist, over her mouth. Tears were already streaming down her face as she sat on the grass beneath us. 

     Wait, what? Grass?

     I slowly took my gaze off from her to look around. We were in Alpha Autumn's backyard. Cassidy took her hand out of mine and brought me into an embrace. Sobs racked through her body as I twisted my body slightly and wrapped once arm around her slim waist.

     "I was so worried," she cried. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 

     "Worried? About what?" I asked. She slowly pulled away and looked at me in the eyes before her eyes trailed down to my chest. I looked down at my chest to see a faint scar that was about four inches long. As I looked at it, the memories flooded back to me. The Seven Deadly sisters, Keith almost dying, me yelling at Cass because she had wanted to kill Jenny, and Jenny stabbing me when I turned around to look at Cass. 

     I looked up at Cass to see her looking at me worriedly. I rolled my top and bottom lip into my mouth as I brought her back into a tight embrace.

     "I'm so sorry for not listening to you," I whispered as I saw who was standing over on the balcony of Alpha Autumn's house. It was David. 

     "Talk to her," he mouthed. 

     I gave him a small head nod and watched as he gave me a small, sad smile before turning around and walking back into Alpha Autumns mansion. I pulled away from the hug and looked at Cassidy. It was then when I saw her features correctly. She had dark, purple bags under her bloodshot eyes. Her face looked pale and more slimmer. Her hair was messy and flat. All in all, she looked horrible. 

     "Jesus, Cass. What happened to you?" I asked. Her purple eyes were dull and void of any emotions. 

      "I couldn't, Saxon," she said as she looked away from me. I looked at her oddly.