Chapter 22 - Working Things Out

Cassidy's P.O.V.

PICTURE OF LUCAS ON THE SIDE

     Screaming. 

     All I heard was screaming as I watched my sister get attacked by whoever and whatever was wearing all black. They had on something like a ski mask to cover their faces. I couldn't see their eyes, but I know from the light shades that they were not black or brown eyes. Something with color. Maybe blue, green, any color that wasn't dark. 

      I couldn't do anything, and that's what pissed me off. My body was stiff, frozen almost. I don't know what those people did to me and everyone else, but none of us could move. We all sat there in horror, watching Christina lay on the floor, injured. There was two wounds on her body, both of them from the daggers that the two people held. She had been stabbed deep enough to allow much blood pouring from her body. 

      I wanted to scream for her to get up, to fight back, to do anything but lay there. But the bind that kept me frozen restricted from me to do so. All I could do was let out loud muffled cries and for tears to rush out. 

     I couldn't help but let my spark of hope increase as I heard her let out a groan. 

     "Fucking shit," I heard her lowly grumble. If I wasn't frozen, I would have smiled or let out a cry of happiness. I watched as she slowly brought her arms towards her and push herself up and off from the ground. She stood up and glanced down at the stab from the dagger on her torso. She attempted to twist her body to glance at the one on her back, but the cut made it too painful for her to. The entire time she spent examining herself, the two mystery people just stood there, waiting for her to finish and make her move, which was odd and off, but I didn't question myself. Maybe they wanted a fight, a good, real, actual fight.

     I watched as Christina turn to face the two people. She stared at them with no amusement. Her eyes slowly changed into a blood red color and out of nowhere, her sword was in her hand. I saw the two people eye her sword before they both made their moves. I watched as they flew towards her with lightening speed. I was watching everything in slow motion, comprehending their moves, watching their body language.

      But it seems like Christina didn't even need to do so as she just jumped 10 feet in the air to dodge their attacks. I saw her wince slightly as she fell back to the ground, behind the two people. I saw their eyes wide open at how quickly she could move. They stopped themselves shortly before they could collide into the wall. I looked over at my sister to see that she didn't even look phased. She just stood there with a grim look on her face as she watched the two people slowly turn their heads to see that she was no longer in-front of them but rather behind them. I watched as something began to appear on her body. I looked closer to see that the dark, ancient symbols began to draw themselves on her body. If anything, Christina looked irritated. Before I knew it, Christina leaned forward and began running at the roadrunner's speed. But before she could kill them with her sword, the two people disappeared. Christina stopped herself, looking afraid almost. She saw something we didn't. 

~*~

     "You okay?" I asked my sister. She looked occupied. 

     "Christina?" I asked with a frown. I was worried about her. She had been like this ever since she healed us from the paralyzing spell on everyone that was in the room.

     "I'll be right back," she said coldly. I knew that her harsh tone wasn't aimed towards me, but still, it hurt more than anything. I watched her with a frown as I let her walk out of this room. When the doors shut, everyone was still silent.