Crushes

All Rights Reserved

©Sapphiresamo

----

Crushes 

'a brief but intense infatuation for someone, especially someone unattainable.'

Crushes.

Just the thought of them make you want to blush. They're just people like you and me, but whenever they're around I don't understand what happens to us. You find yourself in a normal situation which somehow ends up becoming awkward or just embarrassing.

It's hard to stay calm in situations where you have to talk directly to your crush or they're just present at the time. We tend to overanalyse everything, and by everything – I mean everything!

"Am I smiling to weirdly?"

"Why did she/he yawn?"

"Am I boring?"

Relax. There is nothing wrong with you.

If you want to know whether he/she likes you too, I'd suggest you follow these three tips;

1. Pay attention to his/her body language – maybe they avoid eye contact for long periods of time or shuffle their feet because they're nervous around you? Or it could be the opposite, as your crush may give you side hugs or be really playful with you to show they like you. On the other hand, they may appear closed off by folding their arms, standing away from you and not talking directly to you but rather to everyone else.

2. Listen to what they talk about – When you speak to your crush keep a mental note about what you both talk about. If he shows interest in you, he might ask you questions about your family or what you do in your free time. If he compliments you, that's definitely a sign that he likes you.

3. See what your crush is doing when you're around – Your crush might also have a crush on you. They might be trying to 'show off' in front of you. Sort of like a peacock when it opens its feathers to entice all the peahens. Sometimes, your crushes friends start teasing your crush when you're nearby.

Of course, sometimes even after all this; one is still unsure whether your crush actually likes you. Just continue to talk to them, maybe something will happen, maybe not.

Crushes are mostly temporary. So don't stress about it too much and don't become too obsessive. We don't want your crush to be scared of you, now do we?