Freedom At Last

I was FREE! Finally free!

I kept running until I was about six streets away. Slowing to a quick walk, I pulled my wallet otu of my pocket, making sure that the whole $2,000 was still there. Sighing relief seeing that it still was still there, I readjusted my shoulder strap on my back to fit my shoulder more comfortably.

I was getting closer to town, where I had to be more careful than I was before.

I lived in Rialto, a really bad area, especially for a fifteen year old teenager like me.

I was walking past a gas station now. A guy filling up his car at one of the gas pumps stopped and looked at me, staring.

I quickened my pace.

 No joke, this guy was creeping me out.

I wlked faster, I was directly in town now.

I heard a trash can fall over, flinching as I heard the sharp sound, and saw a bedraggled cat frawl out with a torn ear holding a fish head in its mouth.

I heard footsteps behind me, I spun around, my heart pounding in my chest, my breathing coming in short shallow gasps, as I watched a man duck into an alley.

I walked faster, tripping over my terrified feet.

I could hear the man behind me again. I ran, sprinting full speed, chest heaving as I desperately tried to get away. He was behind me, every step of the way.

No don't let him catch me. Please, please no. NO.

I was terrified, my feet pounding across the pavement, my heart feeling as if it would explode.

Someone jumped out infront of me, blocking my path. I swerved, trying to turn to the right. The guy behind me grabbed onto my arm, his grip so tight it hurt. I yelped. I turned and kicked out as hard as I could, using all the power in my right leg, hitting him between the legs. He gasped ad fell to the ground with a grunt, releasing his grip on my arm. I turned about to run as my head was put into a headlock by the other guy. I struggled, kicking and twisting, tears leaking down my cheeks.

The other man got up off of the ground.

No

He walked torward us, a syringe in his hand.

No!

He grabbed my arm as i began to scream, being cut short by a hand over my mouth as the needle was plunged into my arm.

My world went black, and i was plunged into endless darkness.

I passed out.