Chapter 3

I walked into Penola for another day of pain. I had been in Penola for a week now and Luke had been hurting me since day one. I wore sweaters to cover up not just my scars but my bruises. I cried myself to sleep everyday and my cutting doubled. I went clean for a few weeks until I came to Melbourne. I suddenly came to a halt since Luke's tall figure beat my height of 5'3. He stayed in front of me until I eventually could get it together to say one sentence that I would regret forever.

"Get out of my way dumb ass.." I murmured now looking to my side avoiding any eye contact.

"What did you say to me?" Luke replied almost sounding surprised.

I froze. I already wanted to take it back but I had to finish what I started. I finally got to saying something again.

"I said get out of my way!" I said raising my voice.

I suddenly felt his hands against my wrists, his grasp tighter than usual. I also wondered where the teachers were to handle these things. In Florida there was a teacher in every corner of the school. I closed my eyes waiting for him to do something more drastic. I waited for awhile but nothing happened. I opened my eyes to see Luke just looking into my eyes. I began to cry but I had no idea why. I was just so scared. He let go of my wrists and reached towards my eyes. I flinched but I let him. He wiped the tears off my face. I stood there like an idiot with a shocked face. Why was he being nice?

The second I got the chance I began to run off. It was like I snapped him out of something because seconds later he chased after me and grasped onto my waist using all his force. The bell rang and we got hidden in the sea of  students. As soon as I knew it I was pulled into the girl's bathroom by Luke and he started making his hands travel up my body. I looked away so he wouldn't see the hurt in my eyes.

"Why do you do this?" I questioned.

"Oh don't you know? I just want to have a bit of forced fun." He said with a serious tone as he smirked at me.

"Why did you pick me?" I yelped as he put his tight grasp around my face trying my best to keep looking away.

"Well, you looked the easiest" He replied to my dumb question.

I finally escaped his grasp and ran to my first period finally making it into my classroom with Luke coming in after me since we had 3 classes together.

"Alejandra? What are you doing late again?" My first period teacher asked.

"Um.. Nothing, My locker got jammed." I replied worried as I felt Luke's eyes on me from the back of the classroom.

"Okay.." She looked at me suspiciously while everyone snickered at my presence.

I quickly took out my books and paper for reading. I had never been that great at reading which explains why I had Luke in this class. It was quite easy since they put me in a class way too easy for me. I finally had some peace while doing independent work. I finished the packet my teacher passed out first in a few minutes. My teacher knew I was smart but I guess the school system didn't so I was stuck in this class with Luke.

I was still waiting for a savior from Luke. He hurt me a lot but I had no friends or anyone to talk to since I live in a house full of guys. After just a week I had found out Luke had two other brothers and a mother but their father had left them when they were young. I assumed he didn't have a father figure so he turned out this way. His brother weren't actually that bad. I mean, they hurt me verbally once and a while but never physically like Luke.

Hours past and it was almost lunch which I dreaded so much. I had thought all day about what happened with Luke this morning. Why did he act so strange? Almost as if he cared if I was crying. I  decided to forget it. He was never going to change and will always be the boy I dreaded seeing everyday.

I walked into the cafeteria with my book to occupy me the whole lunch period. I walked straight to my table where no one sat and began reading my book occasionally looking up at the people looking, pointing, and laughing at me. I never ate lunch since it was disgusting anyways. I was cautious even more today for some reason so I could barely read. I eventually gave up and put my book down. I looked around and found Luke watching me with a look i've never seen from him before. Almost as if he was gazing into my eyes. I guess I looked confused because as soon as he noticed I was looking at him he turned around and began talking to his twin brother. Things were getting weird and I don't think I liked it.