Chapter 5

I finally got home from walking from school and began to think about Luke again. I took myself upstairs and set my things down and shut the door. I  thought about what I should do. I know Luke does deserve the pain he's going through right now but I feel as if it's wrong. He's giving off an impression that what ever's hurting him is hurting him really bad. After much thought I logged onto Facebook and searched up 'Luke Brooks' and messaged him " I know you probably hate me but I've noticed over the past week you chang-" I stopped typing and re thought. What if he does hate me. I erased my message and shut down my computer. What if he abused me again after I help him?

I decided to leave him alone and let his family and friends deal with him. I'm not doing anything wrong? He ruined any chance of friendship we had since day one. I sat down and finished my homework then got ready for bed. I was tired and didn't want to deal with life anymore today.

----------Luke's POV-----------

I laid in my bed just thinking of ways I could get Alejandra to forgive me. "What if I began to talk to her over the Internet? No, she wouldn't answer.. What if-"  I was cut off by my brother Beau who saw my right knuckle. 

"Woe! What happened to your knuckle?" He questioned me.

"Umm.. Nothing." I replied looking at my flesh exposed knuckle.

"Dude, seriously tell me." He began to get serious.

"It's really nothing," I lied.

"Okay, well that's the last time I try." He finally walked away. I messed with my knuckle until it started stinging. I got up to get an ice pack when I saw my mum.  I stood still as she examined my knuckle.

"What happened?" She said sternly.

"Umm.."

"Don't lie. Tell me now."

"I got frustrated and starting punching something." I mumbled.

"What did you punch?" She questioned.

"I don't have to answer all your dumb questions!" I started yelling. I know I shouldn't yell at her for caring but I can't stand when my family's nosey.

"Luke Brooks! Answer my question right now!" She said standing her ground. I looked at her astonished. She never yelled unless she was really mad.

"Answer me right now!" She repeated. By now Jai and Beau were out of their rooms and watching us fight.

"A wall.." I mumbled.

"Why?" She sounded more sympathetic. 

"I don't know, I got frustrated and I did it to let out my anger." I replied looking at the floor to hide my feelings. I hated letting my mom see I was sad. Me and my brothers are supposed to be the men of the house not the weak boys.

"Why were you mad?" She asked me with hurt.

"A girl." I said.

"Oh Luke.. What happened with her?" She started coming to comfort me. I let a tear fall to the ground. I could help it, I hated seeing my mom so hurt. By now Jai and Beau were gone due to the awkward situation.

"Oh it's nothing. I just can't get her to notice me because.. It's a long story." I replied half in tears.

"It's okay Luke just never do this again okay?" I just nodded. We stood there hugging for a while until she went to get the ice pack. I kissed her on the cheek and said our good nights. I sat in my bed just thinking what I could do to prove to Alejandra that i've changed.