Chapter 11

It had been two days since Luke had found out I cut. He had stopped texting and calling as much as he used to and I was getting worried. I wondered if he was going to leave me. The only texts I got from him was questions like if I had cut that day or the last time I cut. Now that he knew I barely replied to his texts anymore. I had only known this kid for 4 weeks and he already knew.

 I walked down stairs to have a snack since the last time I had eaten was at 9 AM and it was almost 7 PM. As I searched my pantry I heard someone coming down the stairs. I looked over to who it was. It was just my dad, Drew.

"Can I ask you a question?" My dad asked. I simply nodded my head.

"Who hit you?" He said referring to my face. I didn't know what to say. I couldn't tell him Luke did it, I didn't want to lose him.

"I don't know," I lied. He just looked at me concerned. I shrugged back at him. He was still trying to find out who did it to me and I refused to help him knowing that if he found out I wouldn't be able to talk to Luke anymore.

"Okay," He said disappointed as he walked back upstairs. I walked back up to my room forgetting about eating.

----------Luke's POV-----------

 It was two days since I had found out about Alejandra cutting and I was extremely worried about her. Everyday I texted her asking her about it; I could tell she got annoyed but I couldn't help that I cared.

Tomorrow was Monday and I finally got to see Alejandra again. Ever since she gave me a chance we met up in the mornings. Tomorrow I was going to walk her her home and on the way there I was going to ask her out on a date. I know I haven't been her friend for that long yet but I couldn't wait any longer. I began wondering if she felt the same way.

. . . . . . . . . . .

Once Alejandra walked into Penola I ran over to her to ask if I could walk her home today.

"Hey, Is it okay if I walk you home today?" I asked filled with hope.

"Sure," she said smiling.

We walked over to her locker so she could take out what she needed. I watched her as she concentrated on her combination. She looked so cute. She turned to me and caught me staring at her and began laughing.

"What?" I asked half laughing.

"Why are you watching me?" She giggled

"You're perfect though." 

"Oh how cheesy." She winked at me. I began laughing at her response.

After she gathered her books she closed her locker. She looked at me and smiled squinting her eyes. I reached towards her hand intertwining our fingers together. I began leaning forward and she did as well. We shared our third kiss and it was still amazing. It started becoming more passionate and her back eventually hit a wall. It was the first time I was sure she felt the same way as I did. 

----------Alejandra's POV----------

The day passed by quickly and the whole day I thought about the kiss Luke and I shared. It wasn't like the pass two, it actually meant something. 

I waited at my locker for Luke while I thought about what happened this morning. About two minutes later he arrived. We talked the whole time and eventually got to the subject of cutting.

"Why'd you start cutting anyways?" Luke asked. I just shrugged not comfortable talking about it. He nodded and looked forward creating a silence.

----------Luke's POV-----------

We were almost at Alejandra's house and I started getting nervous. I tried saying positive things and built enough confidence to quickly ask her.

"Will you go out on a date with me?" I quickly said. She thought about it for a while and eventually came up with her answer.

"Of course," She answered while smiling in my direction. 

"Friday at four? I'll pick you up." 

"Okay." 

I couldn't believe she had said yes! I was so excited for Friday!

----------Alejandra's POV----------

Luke had just asked me out and I had said yes, of course. I knew something was going to happen between us after the kiss we had this morning. I knew he was someone special.