Part 2

I wake up with my head on the kitchen table. It's almost seven o'clock. I could get back to my bed and stay there for another hour and a half, but I'd rather get started. I won't be able to sleep anyway. I'm always like that when I have an important task ahead, in this case- my moving to New Hampshire!

I've already packed all of the personal belongings I'm taking with me and two bags with products have spent their third night in a row behind the kitchen-door waiting to be given away. I once tried to give some food to the local shelter. I'd never done anything alike at the time, but after twenty minutes of as serious research as I was able to do, I looked at a Nike-promoting billboard outside and told myself"Just do it!" Just try to imagine the scene of the completely uninformed me, confidently taking a bag with some packages including rice, oats, fish fingers(I can't imagine how I'd come to own such, as I hate the thought of fried food if it's not potatoes), and among them, taking the first price- not one, but three loafs of cornbread, the expiring date of which had passed a week ago, of which I only got to understand when it was already too late to go back. My first thought was to go to the food bank. Mind you, at that time I was around 18, and I had only started to live on my own some weeks earlier, hence I wasn't used to dealing with my own economy(the latter being the reason I had anything to give away at the first place). Apart from everything else, I had no clue whatsoever about how one was supposed to proceed. So I went to the food bank, where I was told that, as kind and generous as it was from me, I would be better of giving the food to a shelter itself. This partly discouraged me, but I was tempted to go all the way through, and I took the first step in this direction through sitting in a café( the thought   behind  the action was to use its Wi-Fi). I picked a random shelter in range and set of immediatly. It cost me 25 pounds to arrive at the chosen place 50 minutes later(for a quick comparison it would've only taken me aproximately 20 minutes of free walking ). However, when I did get there, it turned out I'd chosen a perfectly insured shelter, where the people were enjoying certain benefits like being given jobs, education (nice cooked food). I think that the headmistress was rather surprised to hear what I'd went there for. At the end she might've felt sorry for me,as she offered having a look at what I'd brough. It was then that I found out about the expired date of the bread and that made me feel very embarassed. It got even worse when she finished with the bag and,obviously taking me for some arrogant spoiled kid, told me all about how such small acts of generousity could only be the beginning of something bigger, like helping find some work or starting a campaign. It was rather intriguing in fact, but nevertheless helped me come to the dicision to never try such a thing again, or not in the near future at least. And this is why today I'm generously passing the responsibillity to my Jade.
Oh dear, I have already wasted 10 minutes in recalling this tragical attempt to do something good. I stand up,stretch myself(while elegantly missing the low-hanging lamp by a few carefully worked for centimeters) and put some water to boil. Meanwhile it won't be bad to brush my teeth and change into some suitable clothes. I can't stay in my sheep-covered pijamas the whole morning!
I'm wearing a pair of blue jeans ,a white T-shirt and a grey jacket, my teeth are as white as they could be, half of the water for the tea has expired, but I make myself half a cup of nice herb tea and call Jude. As espected, she has forgotten to put analalarfor today's morning. I knew I ough to have reminded her more often, but I secretly wanted to recieve a confirmation for my suspicions(that I trusted the most forgetful of people with important tasks ). I do this every time, and she keeps standing up to my expectations. She promised me to arrive in the next 20 minutes, which I by the way I don't believe. That means I'll have to bring my furniture downstairs alone, and I live on the fifth floor. I silently thank the Lord for the small number of my posessions and start moving objects from my flat to the car.