Sixth and Seventh Clue

Chapter Text

Gerard's POV

I awoke sometime later to find the room empty. I was still naked, laying on top of the bed with my hands and feet restrained. With that thought I wriggled my ropes, only to find that the bondage that held my right hand was loose. 

"Ah fuck yeah." I whispered to myself, tugging on the rope more. I could see it becoming more and more detached with every twist and turn I gave. Finally, the rope freed my hand. 

I knew I had to be quick with untying the rest of my restraints, for that weirdo could come back down at any moment. Once completely free, I flew out of the bed to find some clothes. To my surprise, the drawers were filled with various clothes. For some reason, I recognized all of them as mine. There was even my Black Flag shirt with the pasta stains on it from when Frank and I got too frisky, ultimately ending up with us having sex on the kitchen table. Not thinking we didn't move our food until we Frank and I both finished. 

Frank.

Was he okay? Did that idiot kill him? 

That last time I heard Frank it was when that guy came down and was threatening to hurt me. He had yelled and apparently the guys on the other end had the sound on. I hoped to god he was okay, he was my life. I love him. 

That's why I had to get out of here, to find him and make everything okay. I threw on the Black Flag shirt (for a reminder of my Frankie) and some jeans. Slowly but surely I made my way to the door, twisting the knob and letting out a surprised gasp to find it wasn't locked. Checking the hallway for any sign of attackers, I quietly made my way out of the room. 

What was on the other side shocked me. 

Frank's POV 

The clue was in the taped to one of the graves on a bright yellow piece of paper. 

The First it had read, along with a number. 

"Ah found the graves I see? Proud to call that monster your partner now?" Scream had snarled.

"I don't know, he was your partner first." I said back. Scream let out some type of growl in response. 

"Ya know, your little boyfriend saw my modifications today." 

I felt my heart shatter. Modifications? Had he made Gee a monster too? 

"What did you do to him?!" I screamed. 

Scream made a 'tsk' noise. "I'd watch yourself, remind yourself who's in charge. And I think you know what I did to him." 

Scratch that, now my heart shatter into a million pieces. I could just imagine my poor, innocent Gee chained to that god awful bed, being changed into one of us.....a monster. 

"Now, on a cheerier note, ready for the next clue?" 

"Yes," I replied. 

"Okay. In the library is where it started, find where the pages parted." 

That wasn't too hard, I must be getting good at this or he's loosing his edge. I just had to go to the library, find the book that explained the town's history, and the clue should be in there. 

I wandered around the town for a while before I finally found the small building that was the library. It only had one level and couldn't fit more than 20 people in it. There were bookshelves lining the right and left walls, with only 50 books in each shelf. I spotted a door in the back where there were claw marks. 

"May I help you?" Someone called when I walked over to the far right shelf. I jumped in surprise, squeaking slightly. There stood an old woman about 4'2, holding two books in her hands and a stern look on her face. I thanked the lord above that I wasn't in monster form right now. 

"Uh....who are you?" I enquired. 

She sighed out of annoyance. "I'm the librarian of course. Now, if you didn't need something I suggest you be on your way."

She started towards a door near the end of the library, but I stopped her with a hand to the shoulder. "Wait! Why are you here?" 

"Why are you here?" She retorts. 

"No, like, the town's deserted. Why are you still here in the library?" 

She looks a little shocked by my statement, like she didn't know the town was deserted. Did she know?

"The town's not deserted." That answered my question. "You're mentally ill, my good sir. Why don't you visit the local doctor?" 

By the way she talked, I knew she wasn't from this time. 

"What year is it?" I asked, taking my hand from her shoulder. 

"1925. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some cleaning up to do." She started to walk away again but I stopped her. 

"Do you know the name Ray Toro?"

She froze, a look of fear and anger covering her eyes. She whipped around to face me, looking me straight in the eyes.

"How do you know Raymond? He left long ago. He left our town in shambles. He......he broke my heart." She cries, putting her head in her hands. 

"How do you know Raymond?" I ask back. 

She looks up, "he is what ruined me."

She opens opens up after that. We walked out back where two old, wooden chairs sat, facing out towards the woods. Taking our respective seats, she looks up at me and starts to explain. 

Her name is Christa and she has been 72 for 33 years. Her and Ray had been sweethearts since grade school, and the night of Ray's 18th birthday they were supposed to meet at her house for dinner. When he didn't show up, she went looking for him. She found him in that alley, still crying of his new form. 

Appalled by the sight, she ran home. That's what caused Ray's break down, knowing he couldn't have the love of his life anymore. The whole town was slaughtered with the exception of her, who was hiding in the library in fear. In 1980 she was still in the town, refusing to leave, when Ray came back. He begged for her forgiveness and when she couldn't give it to him, he lost it. 

"I ran to the back door, the one with the claw marks," Christa said. "He eventually got through were he tried to kill me. He said that if he couldn't have me, no one could." 

Ray attacked her, but she quickly stabbed him in the arm. The "blood" from the wound had seeped out and onto her, only to fall in her mouth (which was pretty gross to hear, not to mention experience -.-). Apparently if he swallow the blood of the changed, you become immortal.

"I'm doomed to live forever with the memories of my disfigured past. I can't leave the town in fear." 

I nodded in understanding, reaching across the table to hold her hand. She smiles at the gesture. 

"Now, about that book you said you needed, I know exactly where it is. Follow me." 

She leads me back into the library and through the door with claw marks, where a book lay in a glass covering in the middle of the room. 

"This book has everything you need to know and more," she smiles. 

"Thanks." I smile back, walking towards the book. Lifting up the glass, I move the book onto a table. I quickly flipped through the pages until I found one with a bright piece of paper in it. 

Nightmare 

I quickly dialed the number. 

"Congrats on your seventh clue Frank! Ready for your next clue?"

"Yes."

He chuckles, "alright. New found characters are always nice, but this special one has a little spice." Then he hangs up. 

New characters has to mean Christa, but what does "has a little spice" mean?

I'll have to ask her about this.