Last Clue

Chapter Text

Zacky's POV

I move my arms away from cuddling Frank when I hear the phone ringing. 

"Hello?" I greet.

"Applesauce." The person says, and I immediately leave the room. I all but run down the hallway until I'm out on the balcony. 

"What is it Gates? It better be good if you're using the safe word." I say angrily. 

"It is," Synyster replies. "Gerard still loves that piece of shit-"

"Hey! Don't insult him! I know you love your precious little Gerard, but don't criticize Frankie."

"You don't understand! Gerard still loves him and he doesn't want to stay! We have to use the special plan."

I contemplate this for a few moments. I didn't want to use the special plan, but I didn't want Frank to go back to Gerard. If I can't have him, no one could.

"Why can't you just control Gerard? I'm happy with Frank, he'll learn to love me. Gerard will learn to love you. Let's not get drastic here." I reason. 

"No! That's the thing! Gerard won't stop loving Frank! And Frank won't stop loving Gerard! You have kill him. Gerard will see it happen, and then he'll get over it."

I didn't want to kill Frank, but if it's as serious as Synyster says, it has to be done. I mutter my reply, telling him I'll do it and to have Gerard watch the monitor in 5 minutes, then hang up. It wasn't going to be easy to kill Frank, we started this whole thing because of him. 

I love him. Gates loves Gerard. So, we did the only rational thing. We exposed Frank to his horrid past so he would loose hope in Gerard loving him, and seek a companion. That's where I came in. 

Too bad he has to die. 

I go into my "special room" full of all my tools, and grab a knife. I make sure it's a nice knife, Frank deserves to die by a nice, clean weapon.

I tuck it into my boxers before making my way back to my room. Frank is laying on the bed, strangely looking out of breath, staring at the corner of the room. I follow his gaze, only to see the camera there. 

"Frank.." I say somberly. 

He whips his gaze back to me, giving me a smile. "Hi."

I make my way back to the bed and sit, being extremely careful of the knife.

"You know I love you, right?"

Frank's POV

"You know I love you, right?" He asks. 

Of course you do, that's why you're going to kill me.

When he walked out of the room, I had followed him. Making sure I kept a safe distance, I crouched down behind the wall outside the balcony to listen. 

"What is it Gates? It better be good if you're using the safe word." Zack had snapped angrily. I couldn't hear what the person on the other end was saying,  but it must've been pretty bad, for a second later, Zack all but yelled. 

"Hey! Don't insult him! I know you love your precious little Gerard, but don't criticize Frankie..............Why can't you just control Gerard? I'm happy with Frank, he'll learn to love me. Gerard will learn to love you. Let's not get drastic here"

The man on the other end has Gerard? That means....

He's the kidnapper. 

Zack is his accomplice. 

That's why he slept with me! To distract me from Gerard so that other man could mess with his head!

"...................Fine, I'll kill him. God." 

I heard him angrily snap the phone shut, scaring me and making me dash back to the bedroom. I heard him stomp down the hall, open a door, and then make his way back down the hallway. I quickly avert my gaze to the camera, trying to focus on anything other than the fact I might die. 

My mind was going a million miles a minute, running wild from the overflow of new information. He knew who had Gerard? Of course he did, they're accomplices in this crime. 

"Of course I do." I responded with a smile. I placed my hand on top of his cautiously. "And I love you." I lied. 

He smiles a little with a slight nod of the head. He fidgeted a little before moving closer to me. Making a quick glance down, I saw something sharp poking out of his boxers.

A knife.

I guess I was looking at the object too long because Zack followed my gaze. He too saw the knife protruding slightly.

"Fuck." He curse, quickly reaching for the weapon. I took this time to spring from the bed, letting my legs carry me to a destination. Behind me I heard the pounding of Zack's feet against the hard wood floor. 

I soon figured that my legs were taking me to the balcony. Was my body realizing I had no chance before my mind did, so was therefore going to make me jump off the ledge? 

To my surprise, I whipped around at the last second before plummeting downward. The first thing to greet my vision was a very sad-looking Zack, holding the knife like a baby. 

"I really don't want to Frank, but it's for the best. Gerard won't love Gates until you're dead." He explained.

"Gerard will never love Gates! Why can't you both just understand that?!" I screamed in heartbreak. 

"He will if you're dead. I'm sorry sugar, I really am. I love you." He steps forward extends his arms, signaling he wants one last hug. I step into the embrace, waiting for the plunge of the dagger. 

"I love you." He whispers, sounding strangely like Gerard.

Gerard

I feel him raise the arm with the knife, preparing to strike.

But I'm quicker.

I speedily flip us around so he's facing the ledge, and push. 

He looks shocked for a moment, flailing his arms uselessly. I shove him one last time before he falls, me hearing a sickening crunch as he hits the concrete. 

"I hate you," I whisper softly. Ultimately I make the mistake of looking over the edge, only to find he mangled body of Zack and....the yellow paper sticking out of his boxers.

I make my way down to the body via the stairs, trying to avert my eyes from the blood and the soulless eyes. My hand gratefully makes it's way around the gore to grab the clue. 

Started

There is no number. 

This is the last clue. 

It's In The Place Where The Nightmare Was Started

Oh my god.