*Chapter Three*

October 25

Joshua came over. But he got sick so he had to leave. We were watching a movie when he started coughing non stop. He ran to the restroom, me as a good friend went to check on him. What I saw terrified me. He was coughing up blood. "What the hell" I said shocked make him turn around.

He wiped his mouth with a tissue. "I don't feel well, I'm going home. Sorry" was all he said before leaving my house. What's wrong with him I thought. I picked up my phone and dialed his number. No awnser.

That was an hour ago. I've tried to contact him, and still no news from him. I might seem like a clingy girlfriend right now, but I don't care. He's my friend -- bestfriend actually, and I don't want to loose him. I called once more. He didn't awnser.

October 29

My moms husband--my 'stepdad' tried hitting my mother after they got into some stupid argument. But he didn't because I intervened. He was about to slap her when I stopped him.

"You worthless shit. This isn't ironed well. How am I supposed to show up at work like this" he yelled pulling at hem of his dress shirt. "Even my older wife knew how to iron my clothes, you don't even know how to cock"

"I'm sorry" my mother whimpered, holding her hands to her mouth so Gustavo wouldn't see that she was. He rolled his eyes and complained of how she didn't cook, how she was a sorry bitch, and how she didn't know how to raise her kids. That subject was sensible so I got up from my seat, tired of his bullshit and yelled "stop" interrupting his bull crap.

"Oh now your sorry son is gonna protect you" he chucked. "Gustavo, just eat the sandwich that I made you" she whispered softly handing him a plate that contained two ham sandwiches. "This" he told her pointing at the sandwich. He paused. "This is trash" he yelled throwing the plate on the floor. Plate glass shattered everywhere. He got up from his seat and was about to slap my mom when I blocked his hand.

"Stay out of this. This problem is between your mother and I". "No. This is my problem. She's my mom. And I'm not gonna let some stupid bastard hit my mother" I spoke truly. Suddenly this feeling I had between him was being expressed. And I was taking advantage of the situation.

I hated him.

That feeling.

I felt like killing him.

I socked him, and he socked back. "I hate you, you don't know how much I hate you" I screamed. "Look kid, you could leave any time. This is my fucken house and if you don't play by my rules, you outta my game" he told me. I flipped him off and ran to my cheap car. I started my car with shaky hands.