Chapter One

Penny Pepper was extremely content with her life. Everything in her life was going great.  She had a great boyfriend who played with an magnificent band, two best friends who just so happened to play for the band as well, and a pretty sweet new car.

Yes, things were going stupendous.

                                                            ***

Penny was scribbling in her notebook as usual. Her head was full of ideas for stories, poems, songs, practically anything. She would go insane if she couldn't express herself with words. They just flowed some days and there was no stopping it.

George, her absolute best friend, came and sat down next to her.

"What are we doin'?" He inquired, crossing his legs and trying his best to imitate her.

"I am writing. I don't know what you're doing." Penny replied, not shifting her attention from her pen and paper.

Since she wasn't paying any attention to him, George took this opportunity to admire her beauty. Wavy, golden hair; blue/grey eyes; strawberry colored lips. George couldn't help but think about how nice it would be to feel her lips on his.

"George?" Penny wondered, when she realized her friend was staring hard at her, seeming to be off in space.

"Mmm?" He asked, after snapping back into reality.

"What's wrong?"

"With me? Nothin' at all, Pen." George replied, smiling. He was the only one who called her Pen. Not even--

"JOHN!" Penny shouted as she bounded out of her seat and flung her arms around her boyfriend.

"How are you, love?"John inquired, kissing her nose.

"Just brilliant, now! I've missed you!"

"I was gone four hours, dearie."

"Doing God-knows-what." George muttered.

"You say somethin', George?" Penny looked over John's shoulder, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Nope. I said nothin'." George replied with a smile.

It was very fortunate that he could fake a smile so naturally.

"How is me best mate?" Paul said, slapping George on the shoulder after entering the room.

George nodded in the direction of couple, who seemed to be slow dancing to no music, their lips meeting every few moments.

Paul nodded, understanding. He was the only one who knew about George's 'little crush' on Penny.

"Maybe we should get out for a bit, Penny. Maybe go to me place?" John whispered and Penny blushed, then nodded in agreement.

Something sunk in George's stomach.

Why couldn't she see how much he loved her?

Author's note:

A few things:

1. John is gonna be the jerky boyfriend in this story. I REALLY REALLY LOVE JOHN, but there has to be a Jerky boyfriend and I can honestly only picture John in that role.

2. I don't really have a time frame picked out. It just happened...sometime in the early sixties.

3. I'm partially an amateur in this fandom so if I HAVE ANY  MAJOR INACCURACIES, please inform me.

4. Constructive criticism would be GREATLY appreciated.

5. If you like the story, please favorite and comment! It would mean a lot!

I really hope y'all like my first Beatles Fan Fic!