Chapter 11

Bryson -

After my studio session, I headed back to Harley's school and picked her up. "Daddy!" Harley cheered when she saw me. "Hey lady bug, how was your day?" I asked as I picked her up and kissed her cheek. "It was good daddy," she laughed. "Yeah what you want for dinner?" I asked as I strapped her in her car seat.

"I want mommy too cook me chicken," she smiled. "Yeah you like mommy's cooking?" I asked as I kissed her forehead. "Yes, mommy cook good, especially chicken," she said. I chuckled and I closed her door. I got in on my side and started up the car. I drove off and headed too the house.

"Mommy here!" Harley squealed the minute she saw Taraji's car in the drive way. "Yeah she's here early," I said as I cut the engine. We got out and made it inside.

"Mommy!" Harley cheered as she ran over to Taraji. "Hey princess, I missed you," Taraji said as she picked Harley up and began showering her in kisses.

I couldn't help but smile as I watched them, that really warm my heart to see how much they really loved each other. Taraji accepted Harley as hers, really made me fall deeper in love with her.

"I missed you too mommy," Harley said as she kissed Taraji's cheek. "Aww you give mommy all the kisses?" Taraji laughed. "Yeah, no kisses for daddy," she said as they laughed.

"Dang Harley that's how you gone do your daddy?" I asked as I acted fake hurt. "Oh hush and come here," Taraji said. Harley laid her head down on Taraji's chest as I walked over to them. I pecked Harley's forehead and then I gave Taraji a long kiss on the lips.

"Come on baby lets go up stairs and take your clothes off, so you can get started on your homework okay," Taraji said as she started tickling her. "Ok mommy!" Harley laughed.

When she walked past I gripped her waist and rubbed her booty. "Baby stop," she giggled. I laughed and kissed her cheek. I plopped down on the couch and kicked my boots off. I pulled out my phone and saw so many missed calls and texts from Alexis and Kehlani. I ignored them all and put my phone on charge.

I went upstairs and stopped near the bathroom when I heard singing. The door was cracked so I pulled it back a little. I smiled as I saw Taraji and Harley.

Taraji -

" Oh baby there ain't no mountain high enough, Ain't no valley low enough,
Ain't no river wide enough To keep me from getting to you babe," I sung as I tickled Harley.

"Mommy!" She squealed as she started laughing. "I got your nose," she said as she pinched my nose. "You can't have mommy nose, how am I going to smell, huh how am I going to smell?" I asked in funny voice. She almost fell back in laughter. " You are so silly Harley," I laughed as I kissed her forehead.

"I love you mommy," she smiled as she looked up at me. "I love you more princess," I replied.

"Come on and let me dry you off pumpkin, " I said as I let her water out. I grabbed the towel and wrapped it around her as she jumped up into my arms.

"Daddy!" She said as she smiled at Bryson who was standing at the door. "What's up my little lady bug?" He asked as he kissed her forehead.

"Mommy gave me a bath, I fresh and clean now," she said as me and Bryson both started cracking up.

"Yeah did mommy take one too," he said as he held his nose together. "Daddy mommy don't stink!" Harley frowned.

"Harley don't pay attention to daddy he's full of crap," I laughed as I began putting baby lotion on her.

"What you say smart?" He said as he slapped me hard on my butt. "Bryson that hurt," I whimpered. "Daddy don't hit mommy," Harley said.

"What I'll hit you," he said. "Mommy," Harley said as she held onto me. "Don't worry about your daddy he ain't gone do nothing," I laughed.

"Keep talking shit Penda," he laughed. "Whatever Djuan," I laughed as I helped Harley into her Frozen onesie.

"Mommy's baby all cleaned up," I said as I began showering her in kisses. "Mommy," she laughed. "My silly baby, come on so we can get started on your homework silly willy," I laughed as I put the baby lotion back on her dresser.

We went back down stairs and I took the chicken out for dinner. I grabbed the rice, from the pantry, along with the corn bread mix.

"Mommy I need help," Harley said as she put her head down. "Okay princess what's wrong?" I asked as I walked over to the table where she was doing her homework.

"It's hard," she pouted. "Harley come on sweetheart how many times a day do you say your ABC's it shouldn't be that hard," I said.

"I know I say it a lot mommy but it's hard to write it," she sighed. "Okay baby I'm going to help you, What comes after D?" I asked as I grabbed her pencil.

"E," she said. "Okay and then?" "Uh... F," she said. "Okay so E and F are almost the same when you write them, see" I said as I wrote E and F.

"Yeah mommy they are almost the same, how did you do that?" She asked. "It's easy come on, let me show you," I said as I grabbed a sheet of her paper. I sat down at I wrote out all the alphabets for her, then I gave her the pencil and watched as she started writing.

"Yeah! Good job princess," I said as I kissed her cheek. She giggled and then she continued to write the next letters. "Like this mommy," she said. "Yeah baby you got it, you think you can do them like that while mommy go and cooks dinner?" I asked.

"Yeah," she said. "Okay princess if you need me call me," she said. "K," she replied. I pulled out my phone and turned on my Jhene Aiko play list. I sat the phone down on the counter and then washed my hands.

I grabbed a pot and filled it with grease. I got my chicken all seasoned and once the grease was hot I put my chicken in it. I put my rice on the stove, and my cornbread in the oven. I started chopping my onions for my gravy.

-Alexis

"Kehlani, I don't know I mean, yes I'm hurt that Bryson moved on, but I honestly think him and Taraji are perfect for each other, I mean I love how she treats Harley, I can't give Harley the love and affection she needs right now, I can't be her mother, I can't love her way she needs to be loved, I'm fighting this addiction, and I don't want Harley to see me this way, I'm so confused and hurt, but I'm not trying to sabotage Bryson and Taraji's relationship, I have my own issues," I said as I sipped my smoothie.

"Look I just think she's in the way, and she needs to go," Kehlani replied. "Look Kehlani, I pray you get the help you need, I mean I know you love Bryson but why can't you be happy for him?" I asked.

"I know you're not talking Alexis, just a few months ago you were going to take him to court, you were accusing him of not allowing you to see Harley when you knew damn well you could go see her, don't try and go Mother Teresa on me now," she said.

"Look, I just don't want to be apart of that, just leave it alone okay, and leave me alone," I said as I got up and threw away my empty cup. I pulled out my bus card and made my way to the bus stop. As much as I hated Bryson,band the issues we had, I still cared about him and I wasn't going to stop him from being happy. Even if he would never be happy with me again.

Kehlani -

I don't care what Alexis said I had to get Auntie Taraji out of the way. Im sorry, I love her but, I put in way too much time and energy into Bryson for her too just come and take him from me, something had to be done....