Chapter 26

Taraji

" Baby is everything okay?" I asked as I went and sat on Bryson's lap, every since we got back home from the movies he had been sitting on the couch looking at the ceiling.

"I'm cool babe," he said as he sipped his beer. I took it out his hand and made him look at me.

"Come on babe," he said as he took a deep breath.

"Baby somethings bothering you talk to me," I said as I caressed his head.

He rubbed my thighs and kissed my cheek. I cuddled more into him as he wrapped his arms around me. "Shit just driving me crazy baby," He said as he kissed my cheek.

"I know daddy, you wanna make them hoes eat or drink some bleach?" I said as we both laughed.

"Baby you need to stay away from Tasha for real," he said as we both laughed.

"But nah for real though baby, I'm done with that shit I'm gone let God handle them hoes. I'm through putting energy into worrying about what them hoes got going on, from now on if it ain't about you Marcel, Harley, and Harmony, I don't care about it," he said as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

I smiled and kissed his cheek. Just then Marcel came into the living room with his head down holding an envelope. He looked at Bryson and Bryson nodded. I didn't know what the hell was going on.

"Mama I need to tell you something," he said nervously.

He stepped back three spaces and him and Bryson laughed. I squinted my eyes at the both of them.

"What's going on Cell?" I asked.

"I dropped out of school mama, And I took the five thousand dollar loan and invested in music equipment," he said with his head down.

"I know already," I said looking at him. A few weeks back I went to the bank and saw where Bryson had took out six thousand dollars from our account.

I called the bank and these two assholes forgot that they both signed on the apartment. In order for them to even stay there I had to cosign on it because me and Bryson had he joint account.

"How you find out ma?" He asked nervously.

"Well Einstein you and dumb dumb over here trying to be sneaky and forgot that we have a share account so in order for yo black ass to even stay in the apartment I had to sign on it as well you're signature didn't even matter," I said as they both started laughing.

"I'm sorry ma? I should of been man enough to come tell you but I didn't want to disappoint you, I feel like that's all that I do lately is disappoint you," he said with his head down.

"Baby you don't disappoint me, you are not a disappointment Cell, I love you I respect that you made this decision on your own, but I am hurt that you gave up on school baby," I said as I gave him a hug.

"Well I didn't fully give up, since I'm into music and beats Bryson is helping me go to LA state so I focus on music, it's a music school, and I already got accepted," he said as he pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket.

I looked at him as I opened it. Sure enough it was an acceptance letter for LA state.

"Wow baby, I am so proud of you," I said as I caressed his cheek.

"What you what? Say that again?" He smiled.

"I'm proud of you Marcel, I really am," I smiled.

"Thanks ma, this for you," he said handing me the envelope.

I looked inside of it and saw the money and I knew I couldn't take it. "No baby this is yours I can't take it," I said as I gave it back to him.

"Ma-"

"Marcel I gave you the money, it's yours you keep it, one day you never know you could be a big shot producer, and then you could pay me back," I said as he smiled.

"Thanks ma," He said as he pulled me in for a hug.

"Aww I just got so emotional," Bryson said as he was fake crying.

Me and Marcel both started laughing.

"But uhm both of y'all on punishment," I giggled as I walked into the kitchen.

"Whatchu mean punishment?" Bryson laughed as he got up off the couch.

"Two months cleaning duty, you already know Catherine got a lock on her door," I laughed.

"Damn bro I got some coco butter lotion at the crib," Marcel said as we both laughed.

"Oh yeah," he said as he picked up his bottle of water.

"Bro stop playing," Marcel laughed as he tried to run away.

Bryson opened the water and splashed it on cell and me.

"Daddy no splash water on mommy and bro bro," Harley said as she shook her head and frowned her face.

" what I'll splash it on you," he said as he splashed water on her.

"Mommy daddy splash water," Harley smirked.

"I'm got him," I said as I grabbed a cup of water and poured it on him.

"Aww you wanna play dirty huh," he laughed as he inched towards me.

I grinned tried to run and that's when we started hitting each other with the pillows.

We were playing so much until we didn't notice the flashing police lights until Harley looked out the window and pointed them out.

"Mommy there's two police officers walking up our driveway," she said.

I looked at Bryson and he looked at me. "Who y'all make eat and drink bleach?" Marcel asked.

Me and Bryson both gave him the side eye. He shrugged his shoulder.

"I got it baby," I said as I walked over to the door.

"Hi how can I help you officers?" I asked.

"Is Mr. Bryson Tiller home?" One of the officers asked.

"Yes sir," Bryson said as he walked up behind me and placed his hands on my shoulders.

"Mr. Tiller were sorry to bother you this time of night, but we are going to need you to come to the station,"