Chapter One: Curse or Gift

Gummy was quite surprised to see a face of a familiar red dragon enter the classroom. She looked around the classroom and saw that only space for him to sit was right next to her in her desk. So the new transfer student is also a student that I will be sharing my desk with and it also happens to be the person into which I bumped in to. Now that I think about it, it sounds like a cliché from some romance anime.

"I am Axel it's nice to meet you all." He introduced himself to the class.

"Very well then you can sit down there is a space there for you in the back." said the teacher and pointed at the desk where Gummy was currrently sitting.

On fifth of November 2015 my desk lost it's independence.

"Hi there , so how is your head?" he asked as he sat down on his chair.

" I am fine thanks for asking." I say as I smile at him.

"You know I am  at a bit of a disadvantage here, I still don't know your name."

"My name is Gummy and it's nice to meet you." she said and reached out to him with her hand.

"Axel and the pleasure is all mine." He said and shook her hand.

Achievement unlocked: Somebody likes me!

"What do you carry around in that bag of yours?" Gummy asked curiously and pointed at it.

"My sword." he just says.

"Like for kendo?"

"Yeah well you could say that." he says and smiles.

"Do you understand Math?"

At least he has a sense of humor.

"I think that me and Math are mortal enemies." she answered.

"And are you willing to understand your mortal enemy?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well I could teach you after school." He explained.

"Well if you are willing to go house of someone whom you know about twenty minutes, then okay." She said.

"Sounds fun."

The school bell rang to signalize the end of their last period. Gummy immediately started packing her things into her school bag. She put on her blue sweatshirt.

"Aren't you going to be cold?" Axel asked.

"No it's okay I am used to cold." She answered blushing a little at his concern.

Rena suddenly appeared right in front of Gummy.

"Stop doing that!" Gummy yelled.

"Sorry couldn't resist the opportunity." Rena smiled and started walking to Axel.

"Hi I am Rena nice to meet you." She said smiling and shook Axel's hand.

"Axel, nice to meet you too."

"So let's go." said Gummy as she opened the classroom doors.

When they left the school building strong wind started to blow. She just happily zipped her blue sweatshirt.

"Are you sure you aren't cold?" Axel asked again dressed in his black coat and with yellow scarf around his neck.

"No it's okay you don't have to worry about me." she said and smiled as wind played with her violet hair.

The school courtyard was filled with leaves from the lime-trees which lined the entrance to school. As they left the school grounds the wind started getting stronger and stronger. Gummy loved the feeling when her hair started to fly around thanks to the wind.

"I also wanted to know why wear eyepatch across your left eye." Axel said when they walked.

The smile disappeared from her face.

"Mostly people think that I hurt my eye and they call me the One-eyed princess, but Rena knows the truth." she said silently.

"It's okay if you don't want to you don't have to say anything." said Axel after he heard her serious answer.

Suddenly Rena pushed both of them to the ground as poker card flew right through the spot both of them were standing several moments ago. It stopped when it pierced concrete wall behind them. From the direction of where the card flew of three people dressed in the student's uniforms from their school appeared. The person in the middle was holding poker cards in her hands and had white hair. On the left a tall and thin guy with a katana and blonde hair reaching to his shoulders. And a third with orange hair and stream of water levitating around her. Suddenly the person with cards spoke up.

"Look it's the One-eyed princess honoring us with her presence."

"And the deliquent trio from class 3-B, you'll excuse me I would like to get home today." she said annoyed.

"You are not going anywhere princess, we have had enough of you, today you beat up three people from our class and think you can get away with it?" He said clearly very angry.

"So you came here to teach me a lesson because we rescued a young student from bullies?" she asked.

"Shut up!" He yelled and threw the card he was holding in his hand at her.

Just when she was about to take off her eyepatch Axel jumped in front of her and deflected the cards with his sword.

"Are you ok?" He asked her and continued to stare at the deliquent trio.

Was he carrying that sword around  this whole time?

"Yeah thanks for help." She thanked him and revealed her crimson eye from under her eyepatch.

Rena jumped into air and crystals started forming around her. She fired the against the trio. Most of them were destroyed mid-air thanks to poker cards but few of the managed to hit their target. When she reached the ground card-wielding deliquent was knocked out cold. Stream of water rapidly approached her position but it was blocked of by a wall of red flames.

"Fiamma!" Gummy yelled as the fire engulfed the water stream.

Axel clashed with blonde-haired guy wielding a katana. They were equal but with a well placed strike Axel managed to shatter his weapon. Realizing that they have no chance the last two quickly grabbed the third one and started running away.

"Wow does this happen to you everyday?" asked excited Axel.

"No, nobody never attacked us outside of school grounds." said Gummy.

"I have a bad feeling about this." said Rena.

"And the red flames?"

"Only gift I ever received from my father, but I still don't know if it is a gift." Gummy said as she stared into the distance.

"Well let's get going you still have to teach me math." she said after a while of awkward silence.

"Well promise is a promise." said Axel and started following her alongside Rena.