Chapter 2 : Ousama

"I think my brain just exploded." Groaned Gummy as she placed her head on the table.

"Oh come on it's not that bad." Said Axel as he took a sip of his drink.

"Yeah, Gummy I am sure that you will get the hang of it." Smiled Rena at me and started to pet my head.

"Yeah, I guess you are right, but this was an AWFUL lot of studying for one day that's for sure." Axel admitted as he closed his notebook.

"Three tests in one day, who the hell thought that was a good idea!" Gummy whined as she threw her notebook in the air.

"That and the school tournament is coming up."  Rena says as she sadly looks at her empty glass.

"School tournament? What's that?" Axel asks the two.

"Basically a tournament where they throw us into arena to settle our grudges!" Gummy yells out energetically.

"That about sums it up." Rena sighs.

"Wait arena? Like gladiators?" Axel asks confused.

"Yeah, that's what you can expect from a school that's supposed to prepare people for combat academies. Did they classified you as A or S class when you transferred?"

"Yeah, A- class I think." Axel says as he thinks back.

"That means that you will most likely be selected to partipicate in the coming tournament, everyone who is classified as B+ or higher is considered talented in terms of combat." Rena explains as cracks her knuckles.

"So what classes are you in?" Axel asks as he finishes his drink.

"A." The kitsune answers as she closes the chemistry book in front of her.

"And you Gummy?"

"S-." She answers sadly as she looks into the ground.

"Is there someone with rank S+ on our school right now?" Axel asks and Gummy looks at Rena.

"That's Agu, right Rena?" Gummy asks her kitsune friend.

"Yeah, that's him." Rena says after thinking it through.

"Anyway! Since the atmosphere in this room is beginning to look like crap, I challenge both of you to play Dance, dance 2016!" Gummy yells full of energy.

"Trust me, once she gets like this, there is no stopping her." Rena whispers into Axel's ear.

"Okay."

Two hours later.....

"Heheh, my title as a dancing champion in this house remains in my hands!" Gummy yells out as she falls back onto the white sofa in the living room.

"It's 19:00 I should better get going." Axel says and grabs his school bag and kendo sword. He puts on his black coat and yellow scarf. Rena also takes her things and starts heading towards the door. They open the door and step outside. Gummy runs out.

"U-u-ummm it was really nice to meet you." Gummy tells Axel as she blush while holding her shaking hands.

"Yeah, It was really nice meeting you too." Axel says and smiles at Gummy.

"I know! Good friends have nicknames, right?" Gummy says and starts thinking.

"It's pretty common, yeah." He nods and looks at me.

"You practice kendo....swords, your name is Arthur.......king Arthur. I know, from now on I will call you Ousama!" Gummy smiles and Axel looks surprised at her deduction skills.

"See you tomorrow, Ou-sa-ma!" Gummy winks at Axel looking absolutely adorable.

"See you tomorrow!" Axel and Rena say in unison and I wave at them until they are out of sight.

Gummy stares into the distance for a while before the cold wind forces her back inside. As she closes the door behind her she falls to the ground. Her eyepatch slips from her face revealing her crimson eye. A red flame surrounds her as if it hugged her.

"Mom, dad I made another friend today." She whispers to herself as she embraces the crimson flame.