•Chapter 4• Late Nights and Window Visitors

I decided to draw because I thought it would ease my mind. I started my piece and my phone buzzed, it was an unknown number but I opened the text.

Hey, I got you're number from your friend Levi...I hope that's okay but I really need to talk to you. -Blake

Agh Blake what does he want and how the fuck did he find Levi?!

What do you want Blake -Cor
I'm really sorry of what happened at the diner and I wanted to say, you're right I'm a total fuckboy. And I guess I never realized because nobody's had the guts to tell me off like you did. -Blake
Well glad you admired it but why are you telling me all this? -Cor
I just wanted to say I was sorry and I'd really like to try the whole friends thing, I mean we are going to be living together, might as well become friends -Blake
Okay fine, but no flirting with me, and try to minimize the girls you lay -Cor
Okay thank you Cory and I will. -Blake

That was that, I'm friends with a badass, that's a first.

"CORABELLE!" Ryan yelled up the stairs "TURN THAT MUSIC DOWN!"

I hopped up from my wooden floors that have pencils and erasers sprawled out and ran over to my stereo where 'In Bloom' by Nirvana was playing, and turned it down.

"SORRY RY!" I yelled back.

I went back to my drawing which is for my art project, it's a girl she has a bag over her head, and on the bag it reads 'am i beautiful yet society?'.

I ran downstairs after a few hours of doodles and work. Ryan was on his game like always and mom still wasn't home, surprise. It was 7 o'clock and so I decided to start dinner for Ryan and I.

"Ryan what do you want to eat?" He instantly answers back spaghetti. That boy loves spaghetti. I made the spaghetti and we both ate in silence.

After dinner I found myself laying in bed but then I heard a knock at the window. I hop up and go over to it.

"Blake?" I said confused.

"Yeah can I come in?" He asked as I nodded. He climbed into the window and sat on my floor where Alice and I had sat earlier.

"What are you doing here?" I asked lost in his appearance. His bright blue eyes and his curly dark hair gently falling on his face. But his reply brought me back as he patted the floor boards next to him asking me to sit.

"I never did find out why you were crying." He said looking into my green eyes with his filled with wonder and concern.

"Um, it's a long story." I looked at my lap breaking our gaze, he looked as if he was waiting for me to continue, I took a deep breath and did so.

"Okay well a year ago i had this boyfriend named Adam. And he was abusive, he would tell me how worthless I am and hit me. He said I deserved this he told me he loved me and I was convinced. He told me that any pain I had was deserved because I was lucky because nobody can love a worthless whore. I believed him, every word." I said still staring at my lap now fiddling with the scars on my wrists, that lay underneath my long sleeves. I noticed that he is looking at my wrist and I quickly pull my sleeve down again.

"Is this-is this from him." His voice weak as he reaches for my sleeve. I shook my head and he looked confused.

"No...I made those, you see I needed control over pain I felt, so self-harm was my outlet." I said my eyes starting to brim with tears. I've done it, I've done it again I drove someone off. I'm going to drive him away with my shitty attitude.

But to my surprise he didn't get up and leave or insult me. No, he reached for the brim of my sweatshirt and lifted it a small amount to see if I had anything on underneath, then slowly rose it over my head and laid it next to him leavening me in a tank top. He reached for my wrists and held them gently before raising them to his lips to kiss them. He then pulled me pulled me into his chest like the morning before and let me cry playing with my hair.

I looked up "Yo-you're not go-going to leave me?" I sobbed. He looked confused.

"Why would I do that? You need someone to take care of you and be there...and I want to be that person." He looked into my eyes his filled with so many emotions, lust, wonder, care, vulnerability...an emotion I've never seen. He then glanced at my lips leaning in a little closer now only inches apart. But he then something like sadness came across his eyes, he realized that I told him no funny business, that I would not be a toy. "I-I should go." His voice soft and weak. To stunned to speak I nodded and sat up. He climbed into the window and down the tree.

****BLAKES POV****
I slowly leaned into her tempting lips, something about this girl is just so addicting. She's not like the one night stands I have. She's different she needs to be loved and treated like a princess. I wanted to be that guy, but I couldn't. I can't be with her it can only lead to hurt. I realized I couldn't kiss her and backed away I could see a flash of disappointment in her beautiful green eyes. I wanted to kiss those big soft lips but I couldn't hurt her and she knew I would. "I-I should go." I stuttered. She was motionless she just nodded and I got up and climbed down the tree. I don't know what I was thinking going there, I want to be the guy she deserves but I know only hurt comes from that. And I can't do that to her she deserves the world.