Chapter 4

Beep beep beep the oven sounded, signalling that the cookies were done. Amy gently pushed the palms of her hands against Drew’s chest, freeing herself from her spot against the wall. Drew reached down and entwined his fingers in hers as they both walked towards the oven. ‘You’re gonna have to let go of me if you want cookies!’ Amy laughed. Drew released her hand to let her grab a tea towel to open the oven door. Keaton and Wes suddenly appeared at the door, lured by the smell of home baking. ‘That one’s huge!’ Wes commented, referring to two cookies that had merged into each other to form one giant mass of chocolate-chipped dough. ‘MINE!’ Keaton called, reaching for the tray. Amy quickly stopped him ‘You’ll burn yourself!’ she warned, ‘Leave them for ten minutes.’ Keaton looked disappointedly at Amy, unused to having to wait for food.

 ‘C’mon,’ said Wes, ‘Let’s play Fifa for a bit.’ ‘I call playing!’ Wes and Keaton shouted in unison, knowing there were only two controllers. ‘I call couch.’ Drew said, winking at Amy. Wes rolled his eyes ‘You’re such a smitten kitten!’ ‘The only kitten around here is KeatyCat!’ Drew amended. They all laughed as Keaton licked the back of his hand and rubbed it through his thick hair. ‘Meow!’

Drew lead Amy to the couch and lay down, pulling her down beside him so that he was on the inside, spooning her. The other two played Fifa while Drew traced his finger in a circle on Amy’s thigh, whisper-singing in her ear ‘It goes once, twice, third time’s a charm…’ Amy closed her eyes and tilted her head back, knowing that he would hiss her forehead. She breathed in deeply, pausing to really enjoy the feel of his strong torso against her back, his gentle fingers, calloused from years of guitar practise, on her skin and his warm, loving words in her ear. In that moment she felt his love for her more than every before. It was a wonderful feeling, and she wanted to hold onto it forever, to be by Drew’s side forever.

_________________________________________________________________________________

I see you reading this. Yeah, you. Go on, please comment/tweet me. You know you want Drew. ;)

(See what I did there with the rhyming? I crack myself up :P)