Finally

Weeks passed and then weeks turned into months. Juliets mood didn’t seem to out of the ordinary. The months quickly turned into years. Our lives were passing by in a flash and my kids were getting bigger. Juliet was 14 nearing 15 and Joey was 10 nearing 11. Little Jakob was here and almost 9. I had done 4 tours in the past 6 years. It was always hard when I left but I tried to do a majority of my tour during the summer seasons so the kids could tag along. Now I’m taking a break. Sadly we’ve heard nothing new from the doctor or Sid. Doctor Dover has taking his search outside of the state. Looking for another childs scans for a comparison but nothing. Juliet just recently had a scan a year ago after another incident.

   She apparently caught word that a girl was picking on Jakob so instead of waiting on him and Joey at the car riders line she made her way to the 4th grade hall where she waited on Jakob with Joey in hand. From what Joey says they were a good distance from the classroom but could see in. They saw the girl kick Jakobs bag out of her way then her bend to him and say stuff causing him to have a sad face. He said the girl pushed him every now and then. Once he hit into the cabinet. Joey said that caused Juliets grip to tighten on him. He said he was getting scared of the way she was staring at the girl. He could tell her blood was boiling. My blood was boiling just hearing what happened. She gets her temper from me I suppose. He said that soon Jakob stepped out wiping tears from his eyes. Joey said Juliet pulled him to Jakob and that Jakob was slightly shocked to see them. Joey said he didn’t know it but this had been happening awhile; Jakob had been hiding it. Juliet got all of the information from Jakob that she need. Joey said she had the look of anger on her face as she hugged and told Jakob to wait with him. Joey said he told her we should just go but that she was so determined to get that girl. He said she waited by the door way and as soon as the girl stepped out laughing Juliet snatched her up by the collar and pushed her into the wall. I was so scared daddy!  I remember hearing Joey say. He said she had the poor girl pinned to the wall off the ground. You think it’s funny picking on my brother like that! How about if I smash your face in tubby! Just thinking about those words coming out of my daughter’s mouth made my skin crawl. I’m glad she stood up for Jakob, but it should have been handled differently.  Joey said the poor girl peed on herself and was crying saying sorry. He said Juliet jerked her and threw her on the ground just as the teacher rushed out. The girl had a fractured wrist so her mom wasn’t too happy, and I had to pay the bill. Juliet was suspended for a few weeks, and wasn’t allowed to return to any hall that wasn’t hers unless escorted by a teacher. Needless to say she was given another whooping which was heard because she seemed so innocent. Shes so loving and it still blows my mind to think she would even do such a thing. We also had a big talk and she knows better now. She apparently thought that our last conversation about fighting only applied to when people hurt her. She loves Joey and Jakob with all of her heart. She’s takes big sister with pride and protects them.

After her scan it showed a new small speck. She’s old enough to know that it’s there now but still doesn’t fully understand. She doesn’t worry to much about it which in a way is good. I want her to continue living life to the fullest.

“Dad?” Juliet pulled me out of my thoughts. We were at the mall. Me and Adrienne brought the kids out to get winter clothes.

“Yeah Half-Pint?” She chuckled slightly embarrassed.

“I told you before dad, I’m not a small child anymore.”

“Nonsense. You’re still my child!”

“I know dad, but I’m not five. I like to be called by my name now.” She raised an eyebrow.

“Ok, What is it my sweet Juliet?” She chuckled.

“Do you like this sweater better or this one?” She held each one up to her.

“Well I like the first one.”