Taken

~Time Skip: 4 Years Later~

I had been living with Sarah and Abby for four years now. I was fifteen years old, and had won several MVP awards on my U-16 team. One evening, I went on a walk as I did most days. I noticed that it was getting dark out, so I decided to cut through an alleyway. That proved to be the wrong choice. As soon as I stepped in the alley, someone heavy tackled me to the ground. My phone flew out of my hand and landed a few yards away. Whoever it was bound my hands behind my back, then something very solid hit me on the back of the head, and I blacked out.

Abby's P.O.V.

I was worried. Thalia hadn't come back from her walk last night. I threw on a t-shirt, jeans, and a flannel, grabbed my phone, and headed for the door. "Where are you going, Abby?" Sarah asked. "Out to look for Thalia." I said. "She didn't come back last night." Sarah kissed my cheek. "Good luck." she said. "Thanks." I said. I quickly located Thalia's phone on my tracking app, and found where it was taking me. There was no sign of Thalia, only her phone lying on the ground. I picked it up and walked home sadly. "Did you find her?" Sarah asked. I shook my head. "She's gone, Sar." I said. "Gone as in...dead?" Sarah asked. I shook my head again. "No, she's alive." I said. "I just know it. But she's been kidnapped." "How do you know she's been kidnapped?" Sarah asked. "I found this in an alley." I said, holding up Thalia's phone. "If she were just lost, she'd have it with her." Sarah nodded. "Dammit, I miss her already." I said, a tear running down my cheek. "Aw, Abby." Sarah said, sitting me down and wrapping her arms around me. "Don't cry." "It's just...she's so small and young!" I said. "And she's strong and tough." Sarah said. "She gets that from you. She knows how to take care of herself, Abby. She'll be alright." "You're right." I said. "But I'm still worried." "That's natural." Sarah said. "You're a parent." "Where would I be without you, Sar?" I asked. "Walking into a wall over and over again." Sarah said with a small smile.

Thalia's P.O.V.

I woke up in a dark room. My ankles were cuffed to the wall, and my head hurt. "Are you alright?" a girl asked. I nearly jumped out of my skin. "Jesus Christ, don't do that!" I said. "You scared the shit out of me!" "Sorry." the girl said, grinning sheepishly. "What's your name?" "Thalia." I said. "What's yours?" "Jordyn." the girl said. She had brownish blonde hair and blue eyes, and she looked like she was about my age. "Where are we?" I asked. "Japan." Jordyn said. "Why?" I asked. "If you're anything like me, they want you to play for their national team." Jordyn said. "Well I'm not gonna." I said stubbornly. "Same." Jordyn said, laughing a little. "But you better make yourself comfortable. You're probably gonna be here for a while."