Adopted

Thalia's P.O.V.

The girls had another friendly in Portland, and Addie, Jordyn, and I went to the practice. "ABBY HAS ANOTHER SMALL PERSON WITH HER!" Pinoe yelled. "AND A NOT-SO-SMALL PERSON! HI!" Abby facepalmed. "This is my high school friend, Addie Green." she said. "And this is Jordyn. She and Thalia were in the same cell when Thalia was kidnapped." "Do you have any parents?" Press asked, sounding concerned. Jordyn shook her head. "They died when I was little." she said. "That's awful." Press's girlfriend, JJ, said. Jordyn shrugged. "I don't really remember them anyway." she said. "I'm staying with Addie until we can find someone who'll adopt me." "Come on, ladies!" the coach, Jill Ellis, yelled. "Let's go!" Addie, Jordyn, and I went over to the sidelines and played hacky sack until practice was over. We started to head out with Abby, but Press and JJ caught up with us. "Can we talk to Addie and Jordyn?" Press asked. "Sure." Addie said. She and Jordyn walked away from us with Press and JJ. When they came back, Jordyn had a huge grin on her face. "What happened?" I asked. "Press and JJ adopted me." Jordyn said. "That's great!" I said. "I'll be moving to chicago with them after the friendly." Jordyn said. "Well, I can help you get packed." I offered. "That sounds good." Jordyn said. When the day came for Jordyn to go, Addie and I went to see her off. "You have my number, right?" I asked, hugging my friend. "Yup." Jordyn said. "Good." I said. "Text me when you land." "Will do." Jordyn said. She hugged Addie. "Thanks for everything." she said. "No problem." Addie said. "I'm gonna miss you." Jordyn said. "Both of you." "We're just a text or a phone call away, kiddo." Addie said. "Now you better go, or you're gonna miss your plane." Jordyn hugged each of us one last time. "Bye!" she called, running off towards Press and JJ. "Bye!" Addie and I called back, waving. "It must be hard." Addie commented as we walked back to her car. "What?" I asked. "Losing her." Addie said. "You two went through a lot together." "Yeah, it is a little hard." I admitted. "But we can still text and stuff." "True." Addie said. "Very true."