Chapter 4

I blinked and rubbed my eyes. Tao stood up, reaching for his sword. I laid my hand on his arm and stood up, stopping him. 

Suho, still as handsome as ever, grinned down at me. "Surprise."

"What are you doing here?" I asked, still disbelieving. "How did you get here?" I glanced over his shoulder. "Are you the only one here?"

He stuck out his lip. "You sound unhappy to see me." He leaned closer, peering into my face. "Have you been crying recently?"

"Does it matter?" I asked.

Suho shrugged. "It does to me if I'm going to steal your heart. Anyway, we were somehow able to see what happened down here."

I froze. "You saw?"

He nodded once solemnly. "We saw Chaser...the Lost City..."

"Lina!" 

I turned as several young men came running towards me. I recognized all of them. Sehun dashed up to me and threw his arms around my neck. "Lina!"

I staggered back under his weight. "Sehun?"

"You're okay!" He exclaimed. He pulled away and ran his fingers through his hair. "We thought...since we saw Chaser destroy the Lost City...that he might go after you and the six."

"Suho only cared about you, though," Byun said as he walked up. He smiled lightly. "It's nice to see you again."

"Lina," Tao said slowly. His hand was on the hilt of his sword. "Who are these people?"

I stepped back. My eyes narrowed when I noticed Kai standing in the back. He winked at me. I scowled back. "This is the Half Twelve. Suho, Sehun, Byun, Chang, D.O., and Kai."

"Kai?" Tao pulled out his sword and took a stance. The other five members stepped aside so he had a clear path to Kai.

Kai raised his hands in surrender. "Hey, hey. They're not too pleased with me, either. You were the one that got hurt the worst by Chaser, weren't you?"

"What difference does it make to you?" Tao hissed. "Why are you all here?"

Suddenly, there was a rush of wind. Chris landed next to me. His hair was all ruffled from flying, but he didn't care. His eyes fell on the Half Twelve. "Who are you?" Lae and the others jogged up behind him.

Suho crossed his arms. "So this is the boyfriend. The real boyfriend." He looked Chris up and down, sizing him up as an opponent. "You're tall and you look tough."

Chris glanced down at me. "What is he talking about?"

"I'm going to seduce her and steal her away," Suho said confidently, gesturing to me. 

Chris stepped in front of me. "Says who?"

“Get in line,” Dai muttered.

Suho raised his eyes since Chris was taller than him by a few inches. "I can see you are possessive, but that won't stop me. You look all tough and stuff, but you don't have much in the way of powers, do you?"

"Says who?" Chris repeated. I wondered how long it would be before I'd have to restrain him.

"Says me," Suho replied. "What can you do to protect Lina?" He asked sharply. "You can run. Well, fly. What can you do to fight for her? Fly around till the person attacking you gets airsick?"