Chapter 26

Clinton's POV

Date: 12/22/15

Location: Clinton's House

Time: 5:35 P.M.

As soon as I heard the words I'm leaving my heart, lungs and brain froze at the exact same time.

"Why?" I said probably with the stupidest face, deciding to sit down in front of her.

"I figured, since you have a new a girlfriend, there wouldn't really be a point to stay here." She looks deeply into my eyes, as do I.

"What girlfriend?" I don't have a girlfriend, in fact quite the opposite.

"Yeah, that girl you were talking to."

"What? That's not my girlfriend, that's my sister. I wanted it to be surprise for you to meet her, that's why I didn't tell you."

"Then why were you acting all flirtatious with her?"

"I wasn't. She's my sister." I question on why Jessica would think Linda was my girlfriend.

"Oh." She nods her head.

"Don't leave, please." I try to avoid admitting that I'm in love with her.

"But don't you want me to leave? I've been staying here for over a month, and I just promised I'd stay a few nights." She shakes her head.

"Well I don't care about that. It gets lonely here." I say in frightened way hoping she would laugh, and she did.

"I'm sorry." She blurts out spontaneously after several seconds of silence as if she's been holding it in for years.

"It's okay." I stand up pulling my jeans down from sitting.

"No, I mean, not only for that, but for this whole thing, I just feel like I need to apologize."

"You don't need to apologize." I chuckle trying to ease the tension.

"I just feel like I do." I begin to see her eyes water. She holds them in, and won't let them fall.

"No! Don't apologize." I put my hand down, hoping she will grab it to stand up and she does. I give her hug as we are still talking through it.

"Well if I can't apologize." She chuckles still embracing me. Her head is buried in my chest so it would be hard for one to understand her, but I know exactly what she's saying, "I have to thank you."

"Oh, well your welcome." I begin to smile. This is exactly where I want to be. I want her in my arms, so I can protect her from everything dangerous. I want her in my arms and not in the arms of another man.

"I can't thank you enough for everything you've done for me. You've given me the life I always wanted, but never received." She takes deep breaths slowly.

"You're very welcome. This is the life you deserve." With me. I wish I would've said that, but I'm too shy to let those two simple words out.

We stay hugging each other. All I'm thinking about is us and how we can never be separated. I'm starting to feel her effection towards me. And I'm trying to show my effection towards her.