Chapter 5

Leo was at loss for words.

The words echoed among his mind. He kept staring at Mikey, looking for a way to deny his words. He tried to speak, but his tongue was too big for his mouth. He wouldn't say anything― he couldn't.

As a leader and an older brother, he didn't have a choice to avoid the harsh truths in life. He had to accept them, and he always did. Shredder couldn't break him, the Kraang were no match for his leadership and trained determination.

And yet, it only took those two words to hit him without remorse or effort.

Leonardo scrunched up his face, the disbelief in his eyes showing in his vivid denial. Drawing in a hastily breath, he stammered.

"We're going to help him, Mikey… We'll patch him up, and our brother is going to be fine."

His words were so full of lies. He sounded so sure of himself, but Donnie wasn't going to be fine. A million words― a thousand thoughts― filled his mind, but he couldn't take the counseled thought to register them as he shut the bathroom door behind him. Leo blinked almost wildly. The sudden feeling of sweat released a coldly dribble from his forehead, a nauseated sensation was sent about his, clutching at him bitterly.

Don isn't himself ― he didn't want to believe it. He chose not to believe it. He needed evidence –proof. Mikey was just saying those things. The moment's trauma was just getting to his innocent mind and striking him with worse case scenarios. Their brother's injury can't be that serious…

He hoped.

Maybe, just maybe, Don was just in a shock. His terrible shape would only be temporary; his distorted condition won't last him long. He was Donatello. He was the brains of the team ―the mind behind his brothers' brawn. His far intelligent mind was everything that made him who he was…

Wait…

Leo's heart skipped a beat. He tried to refuse the cold fact that strangled him helplessly, but felt no ease at the pit of his stomach. Realization took him by the throat.

He knew deep down that Mikey was right.