Chapter 16

Leonardo exhaled unevenly as he drew his hands to his head. He massaged his temples with an expression of sorrow. After two hours of attempting of meditating… nothing was working. His legs shook with uncertainty under him. The creamed mats below him gave a squeak from his movements.

Every moment he closed his eyes, voices swarm in his head, voices of their argument. The tension between him and Don before Donnie's capture, kept bubbling in his thoughts. It was the last thing he said to him. The purple clad turtle's mind was busied with the recent argument, and Leo was beginning to assume that argument distracted Donnie to not see the Foot. It was not the best idea to think about what happened to his little brother during that week, but it was something that kept Leo thinking about.

His siblings were enraged at him although they reached an agreement about saving Donnie after the snow blizzard. The fact is, the storm never settled down, and the desire of saving Donnie was idle. It was either Donnie or the entire team, and Leo–being leader–had to engage in drastic measures. —Leaving one behind to protect his two remaining brothers.

He didn't expect Mikey to rebel; he didn't expect Donnie to still be alive, and merely have a few scars… but his head. His brain, was the dilemma. An injury that may take months, or even years to heal, and Leo was being cynical about it. Donnie was brilliant; Donnie was mature, and he wouldn't be in this state if he just listened to his big brother.

The point is, Donnie nor he could've apologize. Don didn't talk at all, and if Leo spoke to him, he wouldn't comprehend him. He was… his brother was stupid, and he didn't desire to acknowledge the fact he was.

The argument bubble and burned in the back of his mind, and Leo closed his eyes at the thought of it. It was hardly two weeks since, but it felt like just this day when they began to argue, again.