Chapter 1 - Red Handed

IMPORTANT READ BELOW PLEASE! ( AND AT THE END)

Hey Guys! those who have already read Stuck With The Baseball Team, know whats going on already so if oyu havent read it yet i woould suggest that so you can understand who everyone is in this book!:) the link will be at the bottom for any new readers!

Im going to start off the book By thanking @itssteesss for the the cover altho I thank her alot! but i really do love your covers girl!:)

also the lovely banner to the side was made by the first place winner in my banner contest i had on a thread here on good ol' Wattpad!

@stealth_ninjacat wonderful job! the other winners are going to be in the next few chapters along with an amazing banner by a highly supposrtive reader she was the first to make me a banner!:)

you guys may or may not have read the staus update, but im in the middle of moving meaning yes! i dont have internet at the moment im at my grandmas house beginning to type this and it needs to be perfect for me to continue it! so please bear with me folks!!:)

without further ado! chapter 1 of RTWTBT!

__________________________________________________________________________________

Amanda's POV

Pulling up into the driveway of my boyfriend's house for the millionth time, I hop out my legs catch the warm summer breeze. Carter's jersey tucked away in my bag since he let me wear it for the last baseball game. I tried to make him wear mine but it was kind of tight on him and he refused to wear it so I just decorated one of his white shirts with my number 22 on it.

Walking up to his door the gravel crunching under my flip-flops, I rang the doorbell and within seconds it opens revealing Carter, and Isaac. They have become so much closer since Carter revealed his secret and also our plan for the summer. But in all honesty, I was worried I might be getting replaced...

By Isaac, their bromance is so real at times its kind of scary. They flirt and fight like an old married couple. But it was cute and it was nice to know Carter had someone to rely on with any kind of secret instead of just me. Not saying that he can't rely on me, but it's like me not having Kelly and having to tell carter all the awkward and embarrassing things that I need to vent to someone of the same sex

"Ah the munchkin finally arrived," Isaac said.

"Shut up you're just really freakishly tall," I said walking past him into the living room, making myself at home. And getting a seat on their couch.

"Wow, I just love that my best friend and girlfriend get along so well," I heard Carter say before he sat down next to me. I turn to face him and kiss him, on the cheek smiling.

"So how's your dad?" Isaac asks.

"He's been better I suppose. But he's hanging in there," I say looking down. Sadly Papa T, as Kelly likes to call him got into a minor car accident but they still had to take him to the hospital to check and make sure he had no internal bleeding or brain damage. It turned out that he had a tumor, but thankfully it wasn't inoperable. They had recently just operated on it and he's making a great recovery so far. He's still in the hospital. I've been either sleeping at the hospital when Mary, a really nice nurse that's there and allows me to stay or at Kellys' and occasionally at Carters; cue the blush. But don't worry we haven't.. um, well... yeah, know... yet were taking things slowly like they should be.

It's nice.

"That's good," Isaac says awkwardly, yeah I wouldn't know how to respond to that either.

"Yeah I mean I'm actually really glad he got into that accident or we would have never known about the tumor," I say not really expecting a reply.

Instead, I received a kiss to the top of my head, Carter of course.

"So what are we doing first, where are we starting?" I ask

"Well, I know that my foster parents kept everything from my childhood down in the basement. They don't ever let me in there for some unknown reason so I suggest we start out there." He says in one breath.

"Ok, do you know anything else about your mom?" Isaac questions

"I made a list, it has the jail she was in and our old house, and a few of her old jobs on their also."

"Okay, that's good let's get down to the basement, before your parents get home," I say standing up.

We all followed carter down to the basement. The concrete steps cold beneath my sock-clad feet. The basement was a decent size. The floor was carpeted and there was a leather couch with a television hung up across the room from it. I'm going to go on a hunch here and say that this was somewhat of a man cave for carter's foster dad frank. Being that there was a bar and a pool table down here also. But to the left of the room, there was a door. And that's where we ended up.

"I hope this door isn't locked," I heard Carter say under his breath.

Taking a deep breath he opened the door. The room wasn't anything like the rest of the house it was a pretty small square room, with a single light in the middle of the room. Creepy doesn't even start to define this place. There were shelves scattered on the wall filled up with old knick-knacks and a few dusty books and the occasional snow globe. To me, this looked like an antique room. But in the middle which made up most of the clutter were stuffed animals to soccer or football trophies and a few board games. The dark maroon walls complimented crème colored carpet the only normal thing about this room.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Carter crouching down trying to grab something.

"What is it?" I asked him

"This was mine; I always went to sleep with it as a kid my mom got it for me. And when I came here I would ask where it went and my foster parents would always say the same thing when I asked ' I'll tell you when you're older, or when you're older you'll understand." he says looking confused.

"Maybe it's a clue or something; does it have a zipper or Velcro in the back?" Isaac asked, dare I say this was the smartest thing that has come out of his mouth yet. Inwardly laughing.

"Yeah, there, is a zipper down its back."

Just as he was about to unzip the back, we heard someone coming down the steps into the basement.

"I thought your parents weren't coming home until later," I whisper-shout to Carter.

"Yeah well, I guess there was a change of plans." He hastily shoves the bear toward me.

"And what would you like me to do with this shove it down my shirt?" I whisper sarcastically. In return, he gives me a sheepish grin " Oh hell no, its way too obvious you take it." I said trying to make him grab it.

"Just put it in your shirt and keep your arms crossed no one will notice a thing and just stand behind Isaac I'll do the talking." Carter quickly says.

"Fine," I said feeling thankful I was wearing a loose shirt and easily slid the bear in my shirt, letting it rest right on my stomach and my arms instantly wrap around it. Hopefully disguising it.

"Happy?" I questioned.

"Yes very now get your pretty little ass to the back of the line," Isaac says.

I purposely bumped into him while walking to the back of this makeshift line. And instantly feel a slap on my ass.

"Dick," I whisper to him what an asshole.

Nothing new.

"Will you children shut the hell up?" Carter says looking back at us making us instantly shut up; I give him an innocent smile. "Ok I'm going to open the door and we are going to just come straight out so their backs are to us so, be as quiet as possible,"

Putting his plan into action he opens the door slowly, and we tiptoe out of the room towards the stairs were halfway up the stairs when the worst possible scenario happens only to me.

'Squeak' goes the board I just stepped on

And 'poof' goes the chances we have on getting out here without being caught

______________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys im reuploading this whole book and just editing the grammar!

enjoy guys!