Chapter 3 - So Much For Swimming

Recap time y'all -

The only thing I know for certain is that carter's mom is alive and faked her own death. And that's not much.

"How could someone find out we were looking for her?" Isaac questions.

"Was that the last of the pictures?" carter asks.

Looking back to the screen I notice there is in fact one picture left.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I could feel the nervousness coming off of Carter like waves wondering what was in store for him. Hell I was scared for him, for all of us. Maybe we are embarking on something big. Something out of our league, I mean we are only teenagers.

"Just click it," Isaac says tensely.

"Once I click this we are all in this there's no turning back guys," I said

I finally work up the nerves to click on the picture, and it ends up being a picture of a note which reads:

Come to Cape Cod, as the first part of your road trip follow the instructions below, we know a lot more than you think. Good luck and when you arrive call this number as soon as possible - 345-6780

(not an actual number)

Below it was an address in Cape Cod, Massachusetts. I'm guessing it's a house or maybe apartment of some sort. Or it could be a huge scam.

"So are we actually heading down to Cape Cod first guys?" I asked wondering if we were actually going through with this mystery lead.

"What other option do we have, the person who sent this obviously knows who we are looking for," Isaac says.

"He's right, but this could be fake, what if it's a trap we have no clue who sent this, let alone how they knew we would be the ones receiving it?" Carter states.

"Fuck if I know, but this the only lead we have," Isaac says

"Then it's settled we're going to Cape Cod for the first leg of the trip," I said clapping my hands together.

"We are leaving this Friday, right?" Isaac asks

"Yeah the RV should be ready by then, I can pick each person up and we will go from there," Carter explains

"Well as much as I would love to stay with the two lovebirds, I have to leave," Isaac says getting up.

Carter and Isaac do their manly one-sided hug, he also gives me a hug to and by hug I mean he tried to squeeze me to death.

After our goodbyes, he finally left. Claiming he had some date to get ready for. And I could have sworn I saw his cheeks turn red after he said that. I've never seen him blush before I'm definitly going to have to ask him about that later.

"So it's just the two of us." Carter half smiles.

"Actually your parents are downstairs, not going to happen," I said rolling my eyes at him.

"I was just going to say we can finally go swimming." He says trying to be innocent.

"Geez get your mind, out of the gutter." He said me up and throwing me over his shoulder, tossing me on the bed with a single bounce

"If this is your way of getting me into bed with you, it's not working," I say smiling looking up at him.

"Fair enough, but we are going swimming whether you like it or not,"