20

"Rose," I heard my mother shout. "dinner's ready!"

I didn't reply. I looked at my walls, hoping something would happen.

I heard quiet footsteps coming up the stairs, coming towards my room. I clutched my pillow.

"Rose?" I heard my moms voice say from the other side of the door.

"What?" I said quietly. I didn't think she heard me but she came into my room anyways.

"Hi." Was all my mom said.

"Hi." I said emotionless.

"Are you going to eat tonight?"

"I think so." I blinked.

My mother sighed and I could already tell she was standing with her hand on her hip.

"What's been going on with you, Rose. I feel like I don't even know you anymore." She sighed.

"You don't even realize what you've done to me," I turned to face her. "Look at me! Just look at me! I'm a wreck!"

"You guys keep me in here like a damn prisoner. I haven't been outside for days."

"You decided to rebel. It's not our fault that you made the choices you have made."

"Someone needs to rebel! You know what, I don't need this. I really don't." I could feel the anger building up.

"Rose, you're acting completely ridiculous." She replied back, trying to sound like the wise one.

Hot tears started to run down my cheeks. I got up from my bed and ran out my bedroom door, down the stairs.

"I'm sixteen, not six. I don't need a baby sitter." I shouted before slamming the front door shut.

"Shit." I said, raking my hair out of my face. Tears still streamed down my cheeks. I wasn't even worried about my mascara running. I haven't put makeup on in weeks anyways.

I had nowhere to go. All I knew was that I couldn't be in that house any more.

I tried to collect my thoughts and calm myself down. I couldn't believe how much of an idiot I was.

There was a slight breeze and all I was wearing was a t-shirt and shorts.

I started walking around the neighborhood. I was desperately hoping for some kind stranger to take me to a hotel so I could stay there. It didn't happen.

"Rose?" I heard someone say.

I turned around to see who had said my name.

"Sam." My voice came out cool and aloof although on the inside my stomach churned.

"How are you?" He asked.

"Oh, I'm just fine. What about you?" I forced a smile.

"I've been fine," he paused. "I can tell that you aren't fine, Rose."

"Nice observation. You caught me, I'm not fine." I rolled my eyes.

He didn't say anything for awhile, he just looked at me.

"What happened to you." He said quietly.

"Me, being an idiot happened to me."

"Nobody has seen you in weeks..." He trailed off.

"Yeah, well, if you must know my parents grounded me. I just got out of the prison." I said bluntly.

"Rose, I've been worried about you." He just kept on looking at me.

"Why didn't you call then?" I started to feel angry again.

"I don't know what we are." I could tell he was being honest.

"You wanna know what we are Sam?" I said, swallowing my tears. "We aren't anything."

••••

Sorry for not updating for awhile.

I promise I'm going to update more often now.