Feelings Come to the Surface {Lily Evans & James Potter One Shot}

            “I don’t need help from filthy little Mudbloods like her!” Snapes voice called out angrily as people looked with amusement and shock at the scene unfolding down by the lake. Snape was once again being tortured by the infamous James Potter, and was again, saved by none other than the glorious, beauty of Lily Evans.

Lily Evans stared down at Snape who was panting heavily from being flung back down to the ground after he was just hanging upside down in the air a few moments ago. She blinked, “Fine,” she replied coolly, “I won’t bother in the future. And I’d wash your pants if I were you, Snivellus.”

“Apologize to Evans!” James roared as he pointed his wand at Snape, threatening him.

“I don’t want you to make him apologize,” Lily shouted with a glare at the Potter boy, “You’re as bad as he is.”

“What?” James barked back, “I’d NEVER call you a—you know what!”

“Messing up your hair because you think it looks cool to look like you’ve just gotten off your broomstick, showing off with that stupid Snitch, walking down the corridors and hexing anyone who annoys you just because you can—I’m surprised your broomstick can get off the ground with that big fat head of yours. You make me SICK!” Lily shouted once more at the “golden boy” before turning on her heels and scurried away from the scene. Glaring menacing at the ground and people in front of her while tears tried to penetrate her vision.

She hated that she felt back for Snape—why should she? He’s been her friend since she first found out she was a witch and he’s always been a good figure in her life. But now, he’s gone and called out that filthy word. She was angry at—her once best friend—Snape, but equally upset with that James Potter. Just because he’s a pureblood, handsome and the seeker of the Gryffindor Quidditch team, he thinks he’s so cool—which he isn’t. She loathed and despised his arrogance and that big head of his. She huffed and quickly wiped away the stray tears that rolled down her cheek as she fumed down the corridors, muttering curses to herself at the two boys that caused her the most problems in her life.

***

A few weeks since that incident had passed for Lily Evans and Severus Snape had even had the nerve to come late in the evening to try to apologize to her for calling her that forbidden word. She had paid him no mind, however, and felt no pity in her once best friend. She had finished her crying and was now trying to move on from the boy who was so kind to her in the beginning, but ended up being nothing but a hoax. She walked down the corridors, yelling at a few first years to get to class as she made her way to the Great Hall. It was the weekend of Hogsmeade, and she was going to enjoy her time with her friends and forget all about Severus and that arrogant, loathsome, good-for-nothing Potter! Who still continued to bother her! The nerve of that guy! “Lily!” Lily Evans turned around as her shoulder length dark red hair flew around her to come face to face with one of her friends, Mariah Matthews.

“Hello Mariah,” she replied pleasantly, taking in her friend as she came up to her in simple jeans and a loose shirt. Her dark brown hair pulled up in a ponytail as her freckles sprinkled across her cheeks were much more noticeable beneath her grey eyes. “Are you ready for Hogsmeade?”