Chapter 5 - When The Bad Boy Comes Knocking

A shrill ringing brought me out of my daydream. That noise could only mean one thing. Home time. I smirked. The best part of the whole day. I quickly gathered my things and dashed out of the classroom towards my locker, where Sash, John, Sam, Nate and Thalia were all stood talking. As I approached the I could hear that they were having an argument about something.

"You did not just say that!" Sash said in a deadly voice. Her and Thalia were glaring at John, Sam and Nate

"Whoa what's happening here?" I say, jumping in-between them.

Sash and Thalia looked at me with a disgusted look on their faces.

"Those pigs over there," Thalia said with venom in her voice, jerking her thumbs towards the boys, "said that all women are good for is making them food. They said we belong in the kitchen!" She practically screeched at the end.

I'm pissed. How dare they say that. I turned round to face John, Sam and Nate to see them wearing identical smirks.

"Well that is why males have a shorter life expectancy then us girls" I say slowly, winking at them.

Their smirks disappear from their faces and are replaced with confusion.

"And why exactly is that?" Sam says carefully.

"Well silly boy," I say, lightly slapping him on the chest, "the kitchen is where the knifes are kept!"

I giggle as their expressions change from one to confusion to one of sheer horror. I can hear Sasha and Thalia chuckling lightly behind me. John opens his mouth to say something, but no words come out and he is left looking like a fish out of water. We all laugh at his expression. Whilst I'm laughing I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket.

Remember Jess, you need to come home and meet our new neighbours after school. – Dad

Sighing, I quickly reply okay, and look up to see them still laughing at John.

"Well it has been loving chatting, but unfortunately I have to go meet my lovely new neighbours – yay." I say, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

John finally snaps out of his daze and looks at me.

"Oh yeah, have fun with that." John replies.

"Perhaps they will have a kid you can babysit for – you know earn some extra money?" Nate pipes up. Oh Nate, forever the optimist.

"I don't think I could cope with any more screaming kids. The money would be nice though." I reply.

"Oh well, good luck! I'm sure it won't be as bad as you think!" Thalia states. I just roll my eyes at her.

"Well see you tomorrow then peeps." I say.

As they all mutter 'bye', I turn on my heal and walk out of school, heading towards home to go and meet my new neighbours. Oh the joys in life.

--

I finally arrived home after a 20-minute walk, and as I walked through the door I was greeted by my frantic father, who has oil smeared on his face.

"Where have you been Jess? They are going to be here any minute!" Dad shouted.

I chuckled and walked through to the kitchen, "Chill dad, my car's in for a check-up at the moment, I had to walk home." I say, picking up a cloth and throwing it at him, "Here wipe the oil off your face – they're going to be here any minute."

Dad glares at me whilst he wipes his face clean. I just laugh and run upstairs.

"Tell your brother to get his ass down stairs!" Dad yells up the stairs after me.