Chapter 1- Nightmares come alive

'Jess! Wake-up! Jess!' my older brother Eric shook me awake. 'What the hell Eric!' The sound of breaking glass and loud footsteps came from downstairs. I jumped out of bed and ran to the window, outside people were being shot down, they were running and screaming. 'Get dressed.' Eric stuffed some clothes in a bag and searched my room. 'What's going on?' I asked struggling to get my top on. 'I'll explain everything later, but now we need to go.' Suddenly I heard my mom screaming and gun shots. Eric grabbed me and held me under the bed, covering my mouth. The door of my room flew open and I could hear my mom yelling. 'Eric! Keep her safe. I love you guys so...' gunshots rang through the house. I struggled to get up, until the house fell silent and all that could be heard was the yelling outside. As soon as Eric let go I was out from under the bed. I looked at him, trying to hold back the tears. 'What the fucks going on Eric?'

          He just handed me my bag and dragged me out of the room into the destroyed hallway. The pictures of all my memories laid crushed and trampled on the floor.  I picked on up one of my whole family at my graduation and my boyfriend, Mike. I wondered if he was okay. We ran down the stairs, I stopped in my tracks when I saw my moms body on the floor, lifeless. Eric pulled on my arm, unable to take his eyes off her body. 'We have to keep moving.'  Her body moved slightly. 'Mom?' Her eyes flung open, they were lifeless, she groaned and looked past me like she didn't recognise me. 'Mom! Are you okay? Can you hear me?' she reached out at me and tried to grab at me, dragging herself across the floor. 'Jess that's not her.' Eric pulled me away. 'What do you mean thats our mom.' I shouted.

          'She's dead! The dead are walking and no one knows why or how!' he shouted. Everything started to seem more like a nightmare, I started thinking that maybe I never woke up but eveything seemed so real. My head was still spinning. He pulled me out of the back and into the back garden to the garage and closed the door behind us and went over to dad's secret cabinet that no one was allowed in. He unlocked it and pulled out some shot guns and hand guns. 'What the fuck Eric? We can't take that, we can't kill anyone.' He threw them in the car and grabbed me. 'I need to do whatever I can to keep you safe. I promised mom and dad! We lost them, I can't loose you too.' he looked away from me, wiping the tears from his eyes and threw all the bags in the back. I climbed into the front seat. The garage shutters opened and we drove out into the caotic streets. People running and screaming, and the dead walking. People chased after the car, but we kept on driving, until home was a mere spot in the distance and I had a feeling this was the last time I'd ever see it, at least for awhile.

*** 

AUTHORS NOTE!!

Sorry its so short guys! I'm trying to write as much as I can but normally I write late at night and get tired and impatient so I'll try and make them longer! Anyway hope you enjoyed and chapter two is on it's way!!!cxcx