The Glade

Third Persons P.O.V

Three bodies lay in a metal box, looking dead. Barely breathing and when they did, it was only two of them. The third wasn't breathing. The one in the middle jumped awake, breathing heavily. She looked around, pushing her long brown hair out of her face, scared and confused. 'Where am I? Who am I? Who are these people?'

'Shaunna.' 'What? Is that my name? Or one of these two girls names?' 'Shaunna is your name. The one on your right is Teresa and the one on your left is Brooke. They are your sisters and your best friends. Remember WCKD IS GOOD!' Then her mind felt empty again. Shaunna backed away until she hit the wall. She stood up with the help of the wall and jumped, trying to reach the ceiling. She just missed it and fell forward on her landing, still being quite weak for no apparent reason. Not that she would remember anyway.
"Help!! Somebody get us out of here!!" Shaunna screamed. Brooke jumped awake and then she saw Shaunna, backed away to the other side of the wall.
"Brooke. Brooke, it's okay. I'm Shaunna and that's Teresa and we are your sisters." Shaunna explained in a quiet voice.
"I know, it's okay. Sorry, I just freaked out." Brooke said.
"Don't worry I did too. Then this voice started talking in my head. It was weird." Shaunna told Brooke.
"Same." Brooke said. Their minds wiped of everything except their names and each other.

The third body still lay as still as a statue. Shaunna crawled over to Teresa.
"TERESA! Teresa wake up, wake up. Come on!" Shaunna yells while shaking Teresa violently. Brooke crawls over to see if Teresa will wake up while blindly hitting everything in her path which was only really walls. After giving up on trying to wake Teresa.

Meanwhile, in the homestead in the glade their was an uproar of cries when Minho gave his opinion about Thomas becoming the Keeper of the Runners. With Gally protesting and Newt was observing everything quietly with a small quirk of his lips. Then in a split second everything became deadly silent when an alarm started blaring around the glade. Staring around at each other, each with the same thought 'why is the box coming?'

Everyone started to race out and crowd around the box to see why it's come back within a few days. The gates opened to reveal a still body in the centre. Newt jumped in to check out the new greenie staring at her with bewilderment. "It's a girl?" Newt says with puzzlement evident in his voice.

Newt sees something sticking out of the girls hand and reaches down to see its a note. He unravels it to find the words 'They're the last ones...EVER!'. Newt repeats this to the rest of the gladers when one speaks out about the 'They're'. That's when Newt squints into the dark corners of the box and faintly sees one more figure hiding in the shadows.

"Come on." Newt coos making sure to be gentle to not frighten the other figure standing in the darkness "We're not going to hurt you, it's okay." While he reaches his hand out for the person to grab onto.

"Excuse me" comes a really sassy voice. "Last time I checked I'm not an animal, I am a human. Thank you very much!" They step out and they are an average height girl with flowing blond hair that reached her mid-back. She smirked slightly at the surprised face of Newt and looked up to see the same reaction on all the other boys faces.
"You can stop staring!" Brooke said, smirking.

"Sorry!" Newt says sheepishly "can you help me get this girl out of here?" He was trying to defuse the tension while changing the subject. Moving to the head of the comatose body, silently asking for the awake one to go for the lower half of the body. Quickly agreeing in hopes of getting out of the box and keeping the attention away from where she just came from. The girl at Newt's feet shot up into a sitting position and looked up at the Asian looking guy, Minho. Newt jumped back in shock.
"Everything is going to change... Minho.." She muttered, collapsing once again and looking like she was dead.