Chapter 16

Anya's POV:

I told Luci everything that happened with me finding Jackson at the park to him walking me to her house. Her face was priceless. Her mouth dropped down and her eyes were as big as the moon. I laughed like an idiot when she made that face.

Then Luci said, "That's so cute! You had your first kiss, Jackson asked you out, and you guys said 'I love you' to each other!"

"I didn't know that could happen in one day though," I chuckled. Then we heard little stomps coming from Rosie. She ran to me and said, "What you talking 'bout?"

Luci sat Rosie on her lap and said, "Anya has a boyfriend now and they are both in loooooove!" Rosie giggled and hid her chubby face with her tiny hands.

Rosie is like a little Luci. They both have gray blue eyes, light brown hair, and caramel skin. She is violent and a little tomboy like her big sister. Rosie looks a lot like Luci when Luci was in kindergarten, actually.

"So are they any boys hitting on you, Rosie? If there are, I'll talk to them," Luci smirked. Rosie shook her head 'no' and said, "Boys are icky." Me and Luci laughed, and I said, "When you're older, you'll change your mind."

We heard the front door open and Mrs. Johnson squealed happily.

"Luci! Bring Rosie and Anya in the living room! There's a person who wants to see you!" Luci carried Rosie and we ran to the living room. In the living room, we saw Luci's dad, back from the Marines.

"Daddy!" Luci put Rosie down and ran to her dad to hug him. I was holding Rosie's hand feeling happy for them. Then Rosie tugged on my hand. "Who's that?"

I forgot. Mr. Johnson left four years ago, and the week after he left, Luci found out her mom was pregnant with Rosie. Rosie is only four years old, so this will be the first time Mr. Johnson and Rosie will meet.

I carried Rosie and brought her in front of her dad. "Anya! Long time no see! Last time I saw was when you and Luci were having a sleepover in 4th grade." He smiled at Rosie and patted her head. "Who's this little one?" I put Rosie in Mrs. Johnson's arms and she smiled. "Baby, meet Rosie. She is your other daughter. Rosie, meet your daddy." Mr. Johnson's eyes grew wide, then smiled. Mrs. Johnson offered her husband to carry Rosie, which he gladly accepted. When Mr. Johnson carried Rosie, Rosie giggled and put her tiny chubby hands on his cheeks. "She's beautiful," Mr. Johnson said proudly.

Mr. Johnson started playing airplanes with Rosie and baby Rosie laughed the whole time. Luci poked my arm and I turned to her. "We should let them bond for a while." Then she pointed to her room and the fridge. I knew what she was thinking. I get the Hawaiian Punch from the fridge and we drink it all in her room. She went to check if anyone was near the fridge, then she signaled to me there was no one. I ran for the fridge and got as much Hawaiian Punch soda cans I can get and ran to her room. Time to get hyper!