Imagine 9: Older Man (Part 2) ("scene" warning)

YFN - Your Favorite Nickname

YN's POV:

A set of double doors stood before me and I heard my heart pounding in my ears. My hands moved to fiddle with the diamonds sewed onto my wedding dress. Yes, today was my wedding and my future husband, David Bowie, was waiting for me on the other side of those doors.

Again, my eyes ran over the gorgeous gown I was wearing. David had told me when I had been leaving to go dress shopping to spare absolutely no expense on the dress. So, my mother and a female friend of David's hadn't. They had found the most beautiful, most expense dress they could.

The bodice was covered in diamonds in a fancy pattern as was the hem and the train. There were several layers of fine lace, so many that I couldn't even see the heavier cloth beneath it. All in all, it made me look like an angel. I wasn't one but still it made me feel and look like one.

Suddenly, the doors opened and my breath stopped. I don't know how I managed to get down the aisle after the bride's maids and the flower girl. I kept my eyes up but I am afraid I saw very little of anything around me except David waiting for me. I couldn't read what he was thinking but he seemed to be very happy.

I finally arrived at his side and he took my hand gently in his. I barely heard the minister speaking as he directed the wedding ceremony and at the end, called us married, announcing,

"I present to you, Mr. and Mrs. David Bowie." They turned toward the group and the crowd broke into wild clapping and a good deal of crying. My mother was sobbing out loud and even my brothers have a few tears in their eyes. Quite a few of the women from town were crying but not because they were happy but because I had stolen away with the most eligible bachelor in the whole of the county. That thought made me strut down the aisle as we left the church.

We had chosen not to have a reception. As David had said, when one was his age, one didn't have time to spend on frivolous parties. Honestly, I agreed with him. I didn't feel like socializing. I wanted to go home and spend a quiet afternoon with David in his mansion. That was my idea of a perfect afternoon.

As we stepped through the church doors, we were met with rice raining down on us as people stood there, cheering us on. I ducked slightly and held my hand above my head to keep the rice out of my eyes. We hurried down the sidewalk to the limousine waiting for us on the curb. Like the gentleman he was, David opened the door for me and helped me in before sitting down beside me and ordering the driver to take us to his house.

I smiled at him and he grinned down at me with that gorgeous smile.

"Happy, YFN?" I nodded and laid my head against his shoulder.

"Yes, I am happy." He smiled again and closed his eyes, leaning back and holding me closer. I looked up at him and quietly asked,

"Are you happy?"

"Need you even ask that?" He said as he stroked my hair. "I am the happiest man in the world today. I have married the woman I love very much." I blushed a little and giggled.

"You are a hopeless romantic." I said as I kissed his cheek. "And, I love you." He smiled and lightly kissed me. Even though the kiss wasn't meant to be seductive it did fuel a spark that had been growing ever since David had first kissed me. I kissed him back then pulled away gently, just smirking at him. He arched an eyebrow but I didn't say anything.

I snuggled against him even closer and the limousine finally came to a stop in front of his house. He stepped out and took my hand, leading me into the house and sitting me down on a couch in the living room. I looked around the house that was now mine and sighed happily. If any, David was a man with excellent tastes in décor.