I'll Teach You

"Turn to page 105 and you may pick one partner to work with." Mr. Jackson says as he begins to write our homework on the board.

I open my book before getting out a sheet of paper. Great another assignment I'm going to fail for this class. I look behind me and see an empty desk. He hasn't been to school since the day of the party which was 2 weeks ago. I haven't even got any text from him. Maybe I should text him and see if he's okay.

"Mr. Jackson can I use the restroom?" I ask without raising my hand. He turns around rolls his eyes and nods his head.

"Yea take a pass and sigh out."he replies with annoyance in his voice. Clearly he doesn't like his job. I grab a pass but don't sign out because nobody does. Then I walk out of the classroom towards the girls restroom. I slowly swing open the door and walk into a stall shutting it behind me. I grab my phone out of my jean pocket and unlock it.

Click. Click. Click.

I roll my eyes knowing that girls with high heels just walked into the bathroom.

"Me and Daniel had then best night ever." says a voice that I know to well.

"Omg did you guys have sex again?!"

"Well duh! But...it was unprotected this time."

The room fell silent and I felt tears running down my face. They've done it before. Me and him never done anything like that! How could he just throw away everything that we had just to have sex with my best friend!

"Jayden I don't know what to say. You better hope you don't get knocked up. Cause you know Daniel would drop you faster than you could blink." says the other girl with all seriousness in her tone. "But hey we better get going Mrs. Reitter is going to flip cause we both went to the restroom at the same time." Giggles escape both of their lips and then I hear clicking again and the talking fades away.

Buzz. Buzz.

I look down at my phone to see a text from Daniel.

Daniel: Hey beautiful. Miss u. Sit with me at lunch so we can talk.

I ignored it and sent angel boy a text asking if he was okay. Mentally I sighed and held in my anger and pain. I walked out of the stall and looked in the mirror at myself. No wonder Daniel cheated on me for Jayden. She was perfect in every way but me the only thing I had was the ability to draw.

Buzz. Buzz.

I quickly unlocked my phone to see two messages from angel boy.

Mr. Peyton: Yea Sam I'm alright, just family problems

Mr. Peyton: But hey can I pick you up later around 6?? I want to show you a place

Me: I'm sorry and yes I would love to

I turned off my phone and exited the restroom then made my way towards the nurses office. I just need to go home to take a nap and get things off my mind.

"What seems to be the problem Scarlett? You never out of 4 years in this school came to me because you didn't feel good." the nurse states as she examines the back of my throat.

"My stomach hurts and I have a huge headache." I reply while playing with my thumbs. She looks at me and then sighs.

"Well alright you don't look like you feel good so I'll just call home and ask for someone to pick you up. Just go have a seat over there." she says as she point toward a chair. I nod and do as I was told.

"Hello Mr. McLean?" the nurse says into the phone. "Yes she's fine she just isn't feeling well today." she smiles at me. "Okay I'll tell her. Have a good day."
she hangs up the phone and sit down at her desk.