It's Just the Past: Chapter 14

5 years ago........

I started running as fast as I could from him before he could tickle me.

But it was too late.

"Stop!", I laughed and giggled crazily. "It's too much!".

"Only if you say the magic word", he smirked and chuckled at my laugh.

"No... N-no", I couldn't stop laughing.

"Well you leave me to no choice".

His hazel eyes glistened with mischief as he effortlessly picked me up and threw me over his shoulders. I tried to get out from his hold, but he was too strong.

To make it worse, he was still tickling me.

"Okay, okay you're the best and I'm a chipmunk face... Now put me down!!!" , I chuckled playfully hitting his arm.

He finally put me down and stuck his tongue out in victory. I just rolled my eyes and tried to continue watching the movie.

Every couple of seconds he always found a way to distract me.                        

I giggled at every bit of his foolishness.

"You are my one and only, and I will never let you go. I promise", his voice echoed in my ear sending chills up my spine. In a good way of course.

"I love you too", I said resting my head on his shoulders.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Aisha's POV:

"So anyway I still have no idea what to do about it. Aisha?! Are you even paying attention to me or what?", I heard Farhana say a little annoyed.

"Wait what?", I said a little dazed off.

"Girl what is wrong with you? You've been getting zoned out more often. What are you thinking about?", Farhana asked a puzzled look on her face.

"Nothing", I said shaking the memory out of my head.

I needed to drink some water. I felt unusually parched. I reached for a glass, but the glass slipped out of my hand and smashed onto the floor.

"What is wrong with me today?", I questioned myself as I grabbed a broom and began to sweep the broken pieces away. Kind of like my memories. Broken memories being swept away. If only it was that easy.

"Aisha that's it! What is going on? You're going through something and I'm here to help you. Just tell me."

"No. It's nothing", I said sternly.

"Ok sure. Nothing alright. How about the way you spoke to Hachim, your new zoning out habit , and the outlandish behavior? Aisha I have known you for almost 20 years. This is not you".

I looked straight at her then hesitated.

"I'm just thinking about..... well, someone", I mumbled quietly.

"Oh, okay. Yeah now I get it", she said, her voice a lot calmer. The thing about Farhana is that we have known each other for so long that it's become extremely easy for her to read my emotions and sometimes my thoughts.